Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

General Football 2016/17

6 hours ago, FUM said:

Especially when you look at the amount of refereeing decisions that did go against Celtic yet they still came out unbeaten.

THE CONSPIRACY LIVES ON

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SsEJYY3HW8E/TPmCPknxQcI/AAAAAAAACpY/yfDHssaE4Jo/s1600/tiny+wharton.JPG

Scott Brown gets free reign from referees in that league. Can't agree with any Celtic fan arguing that the decisions constantly go against them. 

Good on Danny Ward for making that save. I still can't forgive Liverpool for taking him back and leaving us with our own Scott Brown :(

Edited by Bettencourt

BBC reporting that Wenger met with Silent Stan today, which is rather unexpected. We knew there was going to be a big board meeting and that a decision (i.e. announcement) would be made this week, but fucking hell. This now seems like it really could be the end. I don't know how I feel.

Its probably Wenger and Korenke with their own best interests at heart meeting first to have each others back. "Give me a two year deal and I will publicly back you to keep Usmanov away". 

1 hour ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

I am delighted for The Terriers, it has been long overdue for them to be back in the top flight. 

It must be 60+ years since they were the top dogs in Yorkshire.

My uncle was a huge Huddersfield Town fan, and his favourite bit of trivia to quote was that they were the first English team to win three on the bounce. Also, they were managed by Herbert Chapman who virtually won both Huddersfield and subsequently Arsenal three in a row (although technically he missed out on both - the former because he moved to Arsenal before Huddersfield's third championship-winning season had finished, and the latter because he passed away; but the argument can be made that he was the one who instituted the systems and built the squads that accomplished this).

34 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

BBC reporting that Wenger met with Silent Stan today, which is rather unexpected. We knew there was going to be a big board meeting and that a decision (i.e. announcement) would be made this week, but fucking hell. This now seems like it really could be the end. I don't know how I feel.

I thought Wenger said on Saturday after the game that they were due to meet today? I might be making that up though, I was quite drunk on saturday evening. 

Meeting with Kroenke doesn't mean he's going for sure does it? 

For all my crowing about wanting Wenger to stay, I actually think there's a good chance you might struggle when Wenger goes just because it will be such a massive change. But we will see. 

Far as Huddersfield go, I like to see different teams in the top league. We've had Reading not all that long ago. 

38 minutes ago, Bettencourt said:

I thought Wenger said on Saturday after the game that they were due to meet today? I might be making that up though, I was quite drunk on saturday evening. 

No, he said they were due to have a board meeting on Tuesday. This is not only a day earlier but specifically between Wenger and Kroenke. Interesting.

31 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Meeting with Kroenke doesn't mean he's going for sure does it? 

No, not at all. Kroenke may well want to reassure Wenger before they agree the new deal, because many have interpreted Wenger's recent comments about being treated disgracefully as comments aimed at the board. I dunno, a meeting beforehand increases the chances of him leaving on my view. I was 90% sure he was staying the other day. Now, a bit less than that.