UFC Fight Night: MacDonald vs Thompson - Sat Jun 18th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

On the subject of Calderwood, I'm still not convinced. Was great to see her get the win but she gets hit A LOT and doesn't seem to really move her head at all. A lot of that fight was spent flat footed, chin up, in front of Valerie Letourneau,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dana said she's getting a new contract and is getting a bonus award, he also said for the last year she had personal problems and didn't know if she would ever fight again.

She's finishing her camps off at Tri Star, so that should improve her overall game

• Paid Members

did it annoy anyone else that they were calling Mercier 'OAM' on commentary? is there some kind of rule that means that anyone with a double-barrelled surname has to have his name abbreviated?

Decent show...

* Rory just fought the wrong fight. Wonderboy is doing at 170 now what Machida used to do at 205, people just can't figure him out. The problem anyone has is that if you rush him he'll just twat you. Wonderboy's timing and speed are off the charts, i think Rory should have been more aggressive with his takedowns because he was having little success standing at range. Decent fight though, not a war, but anyone who tries to have that kind of fight with Wonderboy will end up like Johnny Hendricks. Who knows where Rory goes from here, hard to believe he's still only 26. Dude needs some time off at least, his face got smashed again. Personally i'd like to see him move to Bellator to mix things up, that's me speaking as a Bellator fan-boy though.

* Cowboy Cerrone looked great at 170 again. Cerrone looks a good size at the weight too, his height lends well to the division unlike someone like Benson Henderson who looks tiny at 170. Cowboy's a beast, not many finish Patrick Cote.

* Bosse/O'Connell was exactly what i'd hoped for. Two crazy bastards slugging it out. The UFC have a bit of a cult figure in Steve Bosse, he's never gonna be challenging for titles but if they match him up correctly (O'Connell likewise), he's FOTN material every single time.

* Joe Soto/Chris Beal is worth digging out if you didn't see the prelims, great come from behind win for Soto.

* Sad to see my man Tamden McCrory get starched by Jotko too, brutal KO.

did it annoy anyone else that they were calling Mercier 'OAM' on commentary? is there some kind of rule that means that anyone with a double-barrelled surname has to have his name abbreviated?

It annoyed me too, then I saw that Mercier's Twitter handle is @MMAOAM, so he must choose to go by it. Still, it doesn't roll off the tongue like GSP.

• Paid Members

Rory just fought the wrong fight. Wonderboy is doing at 170 now what Machida used to do at 205, people just can't figure him out.

Perfectly put. I hadn't made that connection but it's apparent now.

Archived