The Kickboxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

What a great fight that was. Then Badr went and got injured again. Fuck’s sake, man. We’re just never getting a decisive finish with these two are we? Was really looking like it was going to be Badr’s night tonight as well. 

• Paid Members

Alex Pereira knockout from Saturday night’s show. Timed so perfectly, right on the bell. Look at this. Couldn’t be any more in sync. It’s like someone put a bell sound effect in after the fact...

Pereira actually knocked out Israel Adesanya on a GLORY show back in 2017. He’s the last man to defeat Adesanya. 

9429670E-EACF-47BB-9A43-444CEFB7A70F.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

been a lot of talk of buzz around Pereira recently because of that Adesanya KO.

I missed the show (damn it!) but saw highlights. Looked like Badr was on his way to beating Rico convincingly, mental ending. The arena looked great too, 30,000 people there. Shame that its the only fight in kickboxing that draws any sort of number like that.

• 6 months later...

Hopefully somehow it can be salvaged and they can go back to putting shows on. I only got into the Glory shows a few years back and glad I did, found most of them entertaining and always made sure I watched when or after they happened.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

wait, what's this...

GLORY-76-Doumbe-vs-Ghajji-768x849.thumb.jpg.5aff395831ca26cb1657886bbacad19f.jpg

Glory Kickboxing sneaks back in under the radar this weekend. Badr in the main event too! The event is PPV only through Fite unfortunately but i'll hopefully catch this over Xmas. Glory's first show since February.

Here's the card, should be short & sweet, lots of heavyweights involved:

IMG_20201218_201716.thumb.jpg.60923cf54f5cba8b19149e0c7c691a30.jpg

• Egg Shen changed the title to Glory Kickboxing Thread (Glory 76 - December 18th)

Badr fight spoiler

Spoiler

Fantastic fight. I have no interest in kick boxing at all, but will always check out a Hari fight, and am never disappointed. The guy is super entertaining. Watching him takes me back to those K1 GPs with the likes of Overeem, Sapp and Schilt, which most MMA fans would track down and were such big events back then.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

fell behind over Xmas and never watched Glory 76, ive avoided results though and plan on watching it Friday night.

Then this weekend, Glory 77 is on.

G77-70_.jpg?1611290867

4 man one night tournament including Rico Verhoeven, also Alex Pereira is  Light Heavyweight Unification title fight, and a Welterweight title fight.

IMG_20210127_184258.thumb.jpg.ac57835fe53133f6e4d6edb1f6feb0af.jpg

Time go get back involved. Think its only on Fite PPV.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to Glory Kickboxing Thread (Glory 77 - January 30th)

What's the score with Glory in the UK? I'd like to get into it more but they don't make it easy for us. When I had Fight Pass I was just getting 'blackout' messages due to region when I'd try to watch their recent shows. Are they exclusive to FITE now? £23.99 is pretty absurd. 

Edited by lightningxlock