Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

Glory Kickboxing Thread

What a great fight that was. Then Badr went and got injured again. Fuck’s sake, man. We’re just never getting a decisive finish with these two are we? Was really looking like it was going to be Badr’s night tonight as well. 

A belter that. Similar to wand, I thought it was shaping up to Badr getting the win but then another mad finish had to occur. It will sadly take the shine off a really great fight.

I don't think anyone should begrudge a 3rd one.

Alex Pereira knockout from Saturday night’s show. Timed so perfectly, right on the bell. Look at this. Couldn’t be any more in sync. It’s like someone put a bell sound effect in after the fact...

Pereira actually knocked out Israel Adesanya on a GLORY show back in 2017. He’s the last man to defeat Adesanya. 

9429670E-EACF-47BB-9A43-444CEFB7A70F.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

been a lot of talk of buzz around Pereira recently because of that Adesanya KO.

I missed the show (damn it!) but saw highlights. Looked like Badr was on his way to beating Rico convincingly, mental ending. The arena looked great too, 30,000 people there. Shame that its the only fight in kickboxing that draws any sort of number like that.

ahh that sucks, if not entirely surprising. Glory seems to have been barely getting by for years. Hoping they can salvage the promotion.

Hopefully somehow it can be salvaged and they can go back to putting shows on. I only got into the Glory shows a few years back and glad I did, found most of them entertaining and always made sure I watched when or after they happened.