The Kickboxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

That could have been a lot worse for Bigfoot. Quite clearly Rico had little respect for anything he was throwing, seeing Rico was throwing that spinning kick with such clumsiness. I assume he was back on the gear for this, but good luck beating someone as awesome as Rico.

Those leg kicks are just different level, eh? I was limping after that.

• Paid Members

yeh, it could have been alot worse.

It's just sad seeing Bigfoot in there though. I don't even think Bigfoot was aware the fight had been stopped when it was, he just kind of stared into space, i think that headkick scrambled his eggs proper. The leg kicks were the difference though, i watch Glory pretty regular and the difference in the kicking quality compared to MMA is huge, kickboxers abilities to absorb them are even more impressive.

• Paid Members

100%, Egg. We're seeing more fighters try use leg kicks, but there is a such a difference in the technique/power thrown by the best in GLORY. The size of Rico's legs, coupled with his ability to throw those kicks, are about as frightening as anything in the fight game, right now.

Verhoeven is boss.

Any word on a Badr Hari rematch, Egg? Such a pity the fight ended the way it did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Today's GLORY 47 show from Lyon, France is being shown on FreeSports tonight at 11pm. 

I know it's airing on a little delay but I'm glad there's a channel that's showing GLORY again. I loved that little period where BT Sports were airing the shows live. Once that stopped I'd still watch all the shows but it'd take me longer to get round to them. I like it being on telly. It's convenient to just Sky+ it and watch it the next day. 

Tonight's show isn't heavy on names but GLORY shows usually always deliver so I'll be giving it a look.

GLORY 48 in December looks good. Its in New York and has Wayne Barrett, Thiago Silva (yeah, ex UFC fighter and wifebeater Thiago Silva), ex UFC fighter Chris Camozzi and Tiffany Van Soest on the card. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

GLORY 47 was fun. Wasn't one of the best GLORY shows but it was still good. High level kickboxing for me is consistently one of the most entertaining sports to watch. There's very little room for timidity in there because of the style of fighting and the short fights (3x 3 minute rounds) meaning there's no time to waste and you have to get after it. 

Anyway, if you're not going to get around to watching it at least take a look at the knockout from the opener, Anvar Boynazarov vs Fabio Pinca;

Just ruthless. Pinca was down for a while. 

Boynazarov went on to have a really excellent fight against Abdellah Ezbiri in the finals as well but lost on points. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

posted about these before but it was a while back. Glory do really good recap shows of their events, they clock in at around 50 mins each, here's the latest one:

Really cool if you miss a show.

They've also thrown a lot of quality content leading upto the big show on December 9th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Glory's biggest show of the year is tonight, guess if you're gonna watch 1 this year, this is the one...

70__2.jpg?1506783286

The undercard (which is Glory 49) is on Fight Pass and its on Free Sports i think. The main card (Redemption) is a PPV through Fight Pass.

Theres Countdowns and all sorts of shit on youtube, im making a point of watching this badboy.