The Kickboxing Thread

Egg Shen

Ebb, could you recommend me a show to watch from the last year or so? One with some of the "names" and good fights. I don't need a big write up on it, just fire one at me to watch to see if I can get in to it easy enough. Cheers. 

• Paid Members

i wouldn't say there are any bad Glory shows, the fast pace and short fights means that there's rarely a dull fight.

There are Best of Glory, Best of Glory Superfight Series and Best KO's on Fight Pass though, no better place to start. They do rewind highlight shows on Youtube too (just type in Glory Rewind), highlight packages of each show, another good starting point.

• Paid Members

It's not from the last year but if you've never seen the Last Man Standing tournament from 2014 then I'd definitely track that one down. Probably still my favourite GLORY show to date and I've seen nearly all of them. 

But Ebb's right, I'm yet to see a bad GLORY show. 

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

wee heads up...

glory-46-696x384.jpg

this show is free on Fight Pass (well, the Superfight Series part is, featuring Bigfoot/Rico).

Whatever sadist put Bigfoot/Verhoeven together needs stringing up. It's Glory's first show in China but i don't see what warrants Bigfoot almost certainly getting KO'd again here. The only saving grace is that Verhoeven isn't a massive KO artist, but what he is is the best heavyweight kickboxer on the planet by some margin, it's Bigfoot's first ever kickboxing match. It's like some b-movie horror version of Mayweather/McGregor.

The morbid curiosity in me will lead me to watch.

• Paid Members

I may be wrong. But they may be streaming this on UFC's YouTube channel for free. You could also sign up for a free trial on UFC fight pass.

Its listed as being on the FreeSports channel at 0300 tonight.

Edited by BigJag