The Kickboxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I think K-1 are still going in some form but it's nothing like the 90s-early 2000s heyday. I love classic K-1. The top fights back then were every bit as exciting as what the UFC and Pride were putting out but it just didn't have the promotion or appeal for whatever reason on a bigger scale outside Japan.

I hope Rico absolutely annihilates Badr Hari.

Edit - actually, does anyone think BT might start showing GLORY again now they've signed the new deal with UFC, considering GLORY are shown on Fight Pass now?

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

No idea, thing is Fight Pass only shows the Super Fight series live. Glory shows are split in 2 halves.

The upcoming show is different though, i think the Super Fight Series is on FP whilst the main card is available on PPV through the app.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Been frustrating waiting for an English version of the show to pop up somewhere, it didn't come and i saw a spoiler. I've since seen the fight and it looked like Hari shit out. Has there been any confirmation that he suffered a legitimate injury?

• Paid Members

I only got round to watching the main event last night, myself. Badr definitely broke his arm; they showed a close up when the fight got called off and his arm was mangled. I can see why some people would think he decided against it, because it came after a bit of a nothing clinch against the ropes.

Badr has also apparently said he wants a rematch.

Shame about the finish, because it was a thrilling watch up until the clinch.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

First Glory show of the year goes down this weekend...

glory-37-los-angeles-tickets_01-20-17_17

really gonna try making a point of watching every Glory show this year, i skipped a few last year but im gonna try and keep on top of it this time around.

Really up for that Wilnis/Adesanya main event. Glory could perhaps sometimes suffer from not having enough 'stars' to draw in casual type views. Given the right exposure, Israel Adesanya could potentially buck that trend. Flashy style and bags of charisma, he hooked me in when he won the Contender tournament last year.

Rest of the card lines up like this:

http://www.glorykickboxing.com/en/events/view/395

Glory seem to be utilising youtube a little more to promote these shows too which is nice, here's the first episode of Inside Glory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNrpuOFqapg&t=6s

• Paid Members

been out of touch with Glory recently but ive been sucked right back in for tonights show, real inviting lineup for this badboy, it's a heavyweight loaded card.

As always the show is split into two parts, the Superfight Series on Fight Pass looks quality:

thumb_19296_homepagebanner_promo.jpeg

The King of Kickboxing headlines against Ismael Lazaar. It's a non-title fight but Lazaar comes into Glory as a champ in another promotion, i've never seen the guy fight but he's abit of an anomoly, a tubby funster who doesn't look like he'd stand a chance but he's 30-2 in his career. It looks like abit of a mismatch on paper but who knows, it's intriguing.

Robin Van Roosmalen also defends his Featherweight title on the Superfight Series.

: DAQj4JaXUAAvsIY.jpg

There's the full card, a heavyweight main event and heavyweight contender tournament round out the actual Glory 41 show. I expect knockouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfJXNVp55hs

There's a full 'Inside Glory' episode that previews the show and recaps recent events, very good 20+ minutes, Glory do a great job with that stuff.

The Inside Glory show got me real pumped for the Gerges/Parry fight but it's been scrapped again with Parry pulling out, i don't wanna go hunting for why because im trying to avoid Bellator spoilers at the moment.

Looks a doozy of a show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

absolute bedlam in Glory tonight. Murthel Groenhart KO'd Harut Grigorian with a legal but very un-sportsmanlike punch then got attacked by two fans which left him with a broken jaw. On my phone so cant embed the video, but its all over facebook, wild!

Edited by Egg Shen