UFC Fight Night: Almeida vs Garbrandt - Sun May 29th

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

At least Sterling stands out a bit. 135 is full of dullards, it's refreshing to see a fighter in that division trying to stand out from the pack a bit.

And did he get handled? I didn't see the fight but from what I read it was very competitive.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sterling took Caraway's back midway through the 1st frame and maintained position, but then Caraway took over from the 2nd onwards. He got the takedown and managed numerous transitions whilst peppering Sterling with punches, then in the third he got another takedown and ended the fight in control of Sterlings back.

It was pretty obvious that Caraway won the last two rounds, even if one judge didn't agree.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it didn't sound like a controversial decision that Caraway won from what I read. Just thought the word 'handled' might've been overstating it a bit from what I read. But, like I say, I didn't see the fight.

Wasn't there another fight on the card as well where one of the judges was off in the scoring? Can't remember which fight now. Actually, it seems like there hasn't been a really bad decision for a while now. Nothing springs to mind off the top of my head from the recent cards anyway. There's been fights I thought the loser actually won, but they were close enough that the decisions weren't outrageous or anything. Can't remember the last time I saw a fight that I genuinely thought was an out and out robbery. Might actually have to go all the way back to Ross Pearson vs Diego Sanchez. And I think that was 2014.

• Paid Members

Fair enough.

Regardless, Caraway's a little twerp. Ever since he got all pissy because someone buzzed a little patch of his hair off while he was asleep on TUF, I've thought him a bit of a dick. And he's done nothing that's changed my mind since.

Fair enough.

Regardless, Caraway's a little twerp. Ever since he got all pissy because someone buzzed a little patch of his hair off while he was asleep on TUF, I've thought him a bit of a dick. And he's done nothing that's changed my mind since.

I think the fact he's banging who he is plays a part in the hate.

It's called jealousy  :laugh:

• Paid Members

It might play a part for some but it genuinely doesn't for me. Miesha is actually the only redeeming feature he's got going for him. I just don't like him. He's got a slimy, skin crawly look about him. I mean, so does Luke Rockhold but at least Rockhold is a great fighter and fun to watch in the cage. I find Caraway pretty boring to watch a lot of the time. Plus there was the threatening to knock Ronda's teeth out on twitter, the alleged elbowing to the head of Cat Zingano, he was fishhooking in the Erik Perez fight, and I'm sure there was something about him ducking a fight with Faber or someone not too long ago. There's plenty of things to dislike about Caraway.

Here's a Faber quote on the Caraway fight ducking thing...

"We did have someone that backed out of the fight, for whatever reason," Faber said Wednesday. "We were supposed to actually headline, it was supposed to be Caraway and I headlining the TUF Finale and he didn't take the fight."

While not outright questioning Caraway's courage, Faber went out of his way to note that Caraway's last fight, at UFC on FOX 16, was against Eddie Wineland, who had contemplated retirement after a broken jaw before accepting the fight; and he's now angling for a matchup with Michael McDonald, who has been out for nearly two years since losing to Faber at UFC on FOX 9.

"He brought Eddie Wineland out of retirement who had broken his jaw and decided he was done fighting, and Caraway calls him out," Faber said. "Now he's calling out Michael McDonald, who we haven't seen since he vanished like a fart in the wind after our fight. So, you know, if you want to step up, let's do it. So yeah, he didn't take the fight."

Caraway's a turd.

• Paid Members

Well, he just handily beat a supposed future star without too much trouble.

When you're dominated in the first round, I wouldn't describe a win as handily.

The second round was pretty tight up until the final minute as well. Caraway was definitely the winner though. 

For anyone wanting to watch the fight:-

http://bestinmma.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/bryan-caraway-vs-aljamain-sterling-ufc.html

Archived