You've just bought TNA, what do you do?

Undefeated Steak

• Moderators

Id replace Impact with repeats of mid 90's BBC One late night comedy drama All Quiet on the Preston Front.

It won't be all quiet on the Preston front though will it Butch. Not with all these recent WWE releases.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'd knick all the stuff worth knicking and then move into a house next to John MacAfee in Belize.

ADDED: In all seriousness, I'd start some sort of TNA On-Demand service. I'd certainly drop a few bucks to see some of the old PPVs.

• Paid Members

I'd get in a bunch of people to fill a roster full of stupidly over the top gimmicks I made up myself, the actual wrestling would be really slow and basic. When the whole thing flops I'd panic and give the book to Vampiro because I can't handle the stress.

The on-demand idea has been brought up a few times. There's a part of me that wishes TNA had one now so I could watch some of the old PPV's. There's a big problem though. The monthly payment model is such a good model that every company is doing it now and I'm not just talking about wrestling feds.

You start that kind of service and you're competing with Netflix, WWE's Network, UFC Fight Pass and countless other providers. You need people to subscribe for the longhaul and I can't see many fans subscribing to a TNA library for more than a month or two. You'd need to be putting out a ton of new content for people to stay subscribing.

They'd probably be better doing something where you paid per match or per event so you could select what you wanted to stream.

I'd pay £10 or £20 a month for a service if it had a load of promotions I could watch and the revenue got split between the companies but I don't think a TNA-only ondemand service would have any longevity.

Edit: Just seen Butch's post. Apparently they do something similar now. Never heard of it before.

I'd keep the TNA name but change it to actually mean Tits 'N' Ass, sack all the guys (I'd keep Spud as a character just because he's great and probably costs nothing) and hire women based almost solely on their looks and a little bit of acting skill to basically recreate GLOW.

Some actual wrestlers I'd hire would be the Blossom Twins but have their heads shaved and repackage them as Lon and Von The Harris Girls who'd be in a perpetual fued with the Jihadi Brides.

When i say perpetual I mean for about 3 weeks as this racist, sexist shit will be thrown off the TV guide channel.

So first of all I'd rename and rebrand. TNA has become a bit of a toxic name. I'd relocate to Vegas in central strip location and hold residency in a venue with a maximum capacity of between 1500 and 2000. Look and feel would be a bit more stripped down, black ropes, very low lighting but at the same time I'd retain a screen as part of the entrance way. The product would be far more edgy than WWE. Not gratuitously violent but far better tailored to adults, with far more provocative angles and characters. The aim would be to create a floor section that would be all standing filled with rowdy fans. I'd endeavour to hire Heyman and give him full creative control, though if not possible, I'd go for some of his understudies from ECW- perhaps Gabe Sobolski from ROH/Evolve. I'd also try and work out some sort of working promotional relationship with UFC and bring in Connor McGregor as commissioner (pie in the sky stuff I know).

Roster:

Commsioner - Connor McGregor

Roster - The Miz, Ryback, Jushin Liger, Kenny Omega, EC3, Jeff Hardy, Adam Cole, Tama Tonga & The Young Bucks- The Bullet Club, Jado and Geda, Sami Callahan, Jay Lethal, Ricochet, Matt Sydal, Alex Shelley, The Briscoes, The Decay, Petey Williams, Amber Gallows, Khama, ODB, The Blossoms

Commentary - JR, Kurt Angle & Chael Sonnen

Analysis Team - Kevin Kelly, Kurt Angle, Stacy Keibler and Chael Sonnen

Backstage Interviewer - Stacy Keibler

I'd probably run the promotion as YouTube or Netflix shows with some kind of monthly TV special on a fairly major TV network- with an analysis/sit down interview with JR/hype show forming 45 minutes of a three hour special. I'd run big social media campaigns.

I'd probably haemorrhage money. It'd certainly take a long time before it became remotely profitable.

1) Start my own promotion, making no acknowledgement of TNA aside from the online shop

2) Flog their DVDs at the gimmick table at my shows

3) Have a cruiserweight division

4) Hope to hell WWE notice my cruiserweights if their Global Cruiserweight series becomes an annual thing

5) Let them use TNA footage for their docs

6) Let them buy TNA off me

7) Sell the red hot promotion that I have, with WWE exposure, to someone else. 

8) Retire, live the life of Riley in Skegness

Archived