Six handshakes to the President

JNLister

• Paid Members

Listening to a thing about social networks recently and apparently the whole Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon is simply an update of a much older theory about everyone in the world being six handshakes from the President of the US.

Is this true for you, working on the rule that you can count people who its reasonable to assume have shaken hands even if you've not seen it?

I can do it in four steps in a couple of different routes. I've met Jim Cornette who was on a booking committee with Jim Barnett who was mates with Jimmy Carter who has presumably met Obama.

And I've met Keith Joseph who was in the cabinet of Margaret Thatcher who has met David Cameron who has met Obama.

Can you do it in three steps or fewer? Or do you have a route with four or more steps that's particularly notable?

I met and cooked for Prince Andrew when I was a chef at Airbus.

A quick google show that the fella who pimped an underage girl to Prince Andrew also had 21 numbers for Bill Clinton on speed dial.

Bit seedy, but I'll take that.

• Paid Members

Me > Gary Lewis (who own a diner called Rama Jama's in Tuscaloosa, Alabama) > Nick Saban (head football coach at the University of Alabama, there's a photo of them together on the wall) > President Obama (their last meeting being about a month ago).

• Paid Members

I very quickly shook Tony Blair's hand (urgh) when he was in Glasgow in 1997 on some sort of tour. Obviously he shook with Bush, etc.

I shook local lifesavers, George Parsonage's, hand who shook the hand of Prince Charles who must have shook a US Presidents hand.

• Paid Members

Barack. Hell of a coincidence it was, he was just stood there saying nothing. Shook his hand and left him staring into space.

• Paid Members

Barack. Hell of a coincidence it was, he was just stood there saying nothing. Shook his hand and left him staring into space.

Where though? From this is sounds like you bumped into him down the off licence.

Archived