The Reigns Factor - Why can't fans connect?

Michael_3165

• Paid Members

CollinBollocks is on the money there, Reigns definitely has a touch of the Gandy about him.

Rollins bored me shitless during his title rin. I like him, but his reign definitely soured me on him a bit.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

CollinBollocks is on the money there, Reigns definitely has a touch of the Gandy about him.

Rollins bored me shitless during his title rin. I like him, but his reign definitely soured me on him a bit.

Rolling is a flashy Jeff Hardy-esque baby face all day long. Whoever thought his look, ring style and and promos made him a suitable contender to be the next HHH was a fucking moron.

I think he was a great whiny heel but he was set back by having J&J involvement in all his matches and you'd roll your eyes whenever it was time for a title defense. He'd be incredible AGAINST Triple H though.

I'm a proper Reigns mark. I think he looks the business, he always delivers inside the ring and when he's given some decent lines, his promos are convincing. They've just booked him horrendously over the last year or so. That seems to have changed as I've liked their booking of him since Mania, and I'd be happy to see more of this tweener character over the next few months. Stuff like him shooing Sami Zayn away from the ring and telling AJ the fans won't like the Payback result are fantastic touches. When the time comes I think he's going to make a phenomenal heel.

yeah his post-Mania work has been grand. his 'THE guy' catchphrase is a bajillion times better than 'Believe Dat!!!'

my only worry is when he finally turns, some of the current heat will die off, but yeah, he should make a class heel

• Paid Members

Stuff like him shooing Sami Zayn away from the ring

YES! That was amazing.

No issues match quality wise (apart from opposite Big Show).

In general I find it a chore to watch Show, but Reigns and him did have a very enjoyable Last Man Standing match at last year's Extreme Rules. And I hate Last Man Standing matches, so that was a minor miracle.

When the time comes I think Rollins and Styles are going to have some cracking matches.

I worry that in those matches, if Rollins is too eager to speedball around and do his Tanahashi tribute act, then the live crowd wankers will be inclined to cheer him and fuck with the dynamic. In fact, despite AJ being excellent at being a smug prick between spots when he's the heel, I think * either * of them might be too adored by current workrate fappers that seem to be on every televised WWE show these days, for either to get decent heel heat.

I'm so sick of WWE fans that turn up to telly these days. The bellends that insist on cheering Kevin Owens when he's working as hard as he can for your boos.

Problem is with Owens, is when he's being a real heel he's too funny. He proper mugged off AJ about his hair several times and because it was completely true, we loved him for it. He also broke one of the commentators phones on Main Event a few weeks back and the guy looked like he was going to cry. Hence inability to boo him.

So he's not working that hard.

yeah Komedy Owens is a real highlight of most shows and really tough not to root for. Loved him throwing a tantrum and knocking JBL's hat on the floor before personally apologizing to Bradshaw

• Paid Members

Loved him throwing a tantrum and knocking JBL's hat on the floor before personally apologizing to Bradshaw

Detestable behaviour. What a prick.

• Paid Members

The presentation of his character is crap. It has always bothered me that he never moved on from The Shield to become his own man. Even now he's still coming out to the same tune, doing the same entrance and he's in more or less the same gear. Those things were cool for a three-man team, but I don't think they have the same impact for an individual. Ever since The Shield split, Roman's looked like he's been holding out for the reunion.

Seth has been away for so long now that I can't even remember what his new finisher was after the curb stomp was removed. 

Eitherway Seth will hopefully come back a mega face in his white power ranger suit thing. 

Owens should turn face, I still think he would be great saying it how it is and just doing what he wants, almost like Austin albeit on a smaller scale. 

• Paid Members

Am I the only one that thinks Roman might be better than Seth? In-ring wise Roman wrestles a proper high quality WWE main event style and has managed loads of times to get apathetic crowds invested in his matches against a range of opponents. Seth has had good matches but he also relies heavily on high spots. He doesn't wrestle with any character. For example, why the fuck was a sneaky heel champion doing a top rope superplex rolled into a Falcon Arrow (a dumb thing for any wrestler to do)?! The fact that the heel champion injured himself attempting to do a super babyface move top rope sunset flip powerbomb through a table on a bloody house show shows he's not the smartest worker. He'll no doubt have a good run as a babyface when he comes back but I don't buy him as a main event wrestler.

Charisma/promo wise, they are both equally a bit pants.

Archived