The Reigns Factor - Why can't fans connect?

Michael_3165

I think he's brilliant. I really like him.

No issues match quality wise (apart from opposite Big Show). He looks like he could kick seven bells of shit out of me. He's a steady but unspectacular promo (when the writing is correct) - especially recently, with his heelish stuff opposite Styles and him smirking at Zayn and shoeing him out of the way.

I just think that Vince is shitting himself because he knows Cena doesn't have long left (imo) and he's scrambling around for his next white meat babyface. So he's giving him the Cena Material and verbage.

It will be absolutely fascinating when the two finally face off and who is the heel in the feud.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck awful promo scripts, asking him to deliver on lines that just don't mesh with him whatsoever

Jumbled fuckery booking - its crazy how in December he got Philly to cheer for him winning the title but Mania was the most dead, resigned atmosphere imaginable It's difficult to care about his quest or his empire or whatever when he's gonna become 3-time champ

Basic-ish moveset, though performed extremely well.  Calling a move 'superman punch' is bound to grind some gears, and how many people have we seen do a spear now? Rhyno's gore was more over on his recent mini-return and I don't even know if he hit it. I'm not saying he needs to do flippy shit but something a little flashier could help things a little, thinking like a powerbomb or something , especially if he turns heel. Something with the oomph of an F5 or End of Days would be great for him

I sometimes wonder if we're being really fucking worked here, as though they wanted to somebody to take on the 'lets go Cena' 'Cena sucks' mantle. Bravo if that's the case

• Paid Members

He needs a new look

I've always had this opinion of Reigns that he looks good, but will one day look even better with a haircut. I think it's something they should change at the right time, because his wet look does suit him for now.

The perfect example I can think of here is Bobby Roode- looked good before, but looked great after he had his ears lowered.

Although that said, does Roman have massive ears? That might completely fuck up his look.

You can't expect us basement-dwelling, neckbeardy, overweight, balding virgin losers to get behind a sexy muscleman like Roman Reigns. We need our heroes to be like Punk (skinny-fat, bad tattoos), Bryan (short and ugly), Ambrose (skinny with thinning hair), Austin Aries (5 feet tall), Owens (a fatso), Sami Zayn (a ginge) or Neville (looks like a Warcraft character). Those are blokes we can get behind, not your muscle-bound, tanned, toned Lothario types. Who wants to cheer the smug cunt who all the ladies swoon over?

That's the main problem, but not far behind it is the whole "I don't like who Vince likes" angry-teenager thing. But if they eliminate both of those barriers, though, then Roman Reigns just becomes another also-ran in the midcard.

Vince/HHH's "let's fuck him over at WrestleMania, the 'burial' will get him more internet points" plan last year has done more harm than good. They're on the right track for now, keep the fine line between being the hero and winding up de fans who don't like it. If they abort it, they'll have the same problem again with the next candidate anyway. Although Apollo has got a nicer big smile than Roman, so that might help.

As much as I wanted/want Roman to CRUSH AJ Styles in about 3 minutes (+ shenanigans~) for my own entertainment and I really have no personal problem with him, even I can admit I pay little attention to what he's been doing on Raw recently and fast forwarded through his Mania match.

Surely in the back of everyones' mind is that we have Seth Rollins as a superior alternative/replacement who would give us all the charisma, heat, workrate and 4 star matches we require so why get behind RR when this guy is miles better? He's the guy to replace Daniel Bryan no question.

gandy-1.jpg

Reigns with a haircut. I know.

what the fuck is he playing at with his goopy looking locks? why isn't this his look? imagine the heat he'd get looking like an Italian formal-wear model who just fucked your gf, imagine how much louder the girly screams would be too.

fuck knows why they dress him up as someone from Sepultura going skydiving.

Surely in the back of everyones' mind is that we have Seth Rollins as a superior alternative/replacement who would give us all the charisma, heat, workrate and 4 star matches we require so why get behind RR when this guy is miles better? He's the guy to replace Daniel Bryan no question.

This is Cleetus-level quality. Top marks.

I love how C-Rock can consistently enter a thread where everyone unanimously agrees with each other as well as his general point and back it up with such utter bollocks. It's an artform.

There's an art to being a complete cunt but most of you lads have it down to perfection... 

I really don't get the general attitude in here... nobody can be actually polite but then we do have the keyboard warriors in :) Respectfully :) 

All I understand is someone doesn't like Rollins. I think. I can't imagine why. He'll keep me entertained for a few years, moreso than Roman. But i think Pitcos likes wrestling from the 80's which i can't really stand so that's fair enough.

Archived