The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

seanz25

• Paid Members

Not involved with the YouTube stuff currently, hopefully further down the line though I will be, they tend to cover Northern England/Irish shows more than anything right now due to the location of the guys, although I'm hoping to start bringing more coverage of promotions down South.

I only started writing/producing content for them back in October. Can safely say though and this is without me being biased they're the best place on the web covering UK MMA right now, so if you're looking to get into it more check out some of their coverage. All super passionate guys.

I'll stick with it.

I've been saying for a while that UK MMA needs a group that does what IFL does for UK boxing. Continuously attend the big events, visit gyms/promoters and keep providing content through youtube, it's a cracking way to promote and generate interest.

Good show last night - Considering they lost a number of bouts, including the Vaughan fight seemingly both myself and Chunk thought was still on. The indigo is a cool little venue to run there London shows in. Kinda got an ICW vibe from it, the front section was really rowdy, whether it came off like that on TV I'm not to sure. Just a little odd looking up at the cage on the stage. Pimblett, Fishgold, Dan Hardy & John Gooden where also knocking about in the crowd which was quite cool. MVP was also in the building but kept himself quite hidden and didn't do any interviews, not sure if he was shown on TV? But I'd heard camera guys saying they originally planned on cutting to a shot of him along with Chase and Status who where also in attendance.

Thought Amoussou looked real good and may well get a shot in the UFC sooner or later, Wilde took a huge step backwards in his career and was unlucky in a fight he was completely dominating. And the liver shot Wheeler delivered last night, the second I saw/heard that I knew it was game over. Super powerful shot that landed and the damage was instant.

Shameless plug for my own report - http://seanwalford.com/cage-warriors-80-report-amoussou-extends-unbeaten-run-to-7-wildes-path-to-gold-halted

• Paid Members

The BAMMA portion of this weekends co-promoted show with Bellator is on Spike, Friday night at 10 (which is i assume is on a couple of hours delay). The Bellator bit is aired at 10 on Saturday night.

Bellator-173-and-BAMMA-28-Fight-Poster.j

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The card for the ACB event in Manchester has been finalised (I think) & is looking pretty good. Pat Healy vs Saul Rogers should be a barn burner.

Middleweight 84 kg Mamed Khalidov vs. Luke Barnatt

Welterweight 77 kg Ion Pascu vs. Aslambek Saidov

Lightweight 70 kg Pat Healy vs. Saul Rogers

Light Heavyweight 93 kg Przemysław Mysiala vs. Vinny Magalhães

Featherweight 66 kg Robert Whiteford vs. Nam Phan

Lightweight 70 kg Amirkhan Adaev vs. Joshua Aveles

Featherweight 66 kg Mike Wilkinson vs. Brendan Loughnane

Middleweight 84 kg Alexandre Pimentel vs. Ali Bagov

Middleweight 84 kg David Mitchell vs. Ibragim Chuzhigaev

Middleweight 84 kg Adam Zając vs. Abdul-Rakhman Dzhanaev

Heavyrweight 120 kg Tanner Boser vs. Mukhomad Vakhaev

Bantamweight 61 kg Michael Tobin vs. Dean Garnett

Middleweight 84 kg Danny Mitchell vs. Andy DeVent

Lightweight 70 kg Kane Mousah vs. Lewis Monarch

Featherweight 66 kg Azi Thomas vs. Eden Newton

Bantamweight 61 kg Javonne Morrison vs.hoaib Yousaf

Edited by Dead Mike

• Paid Members

Yeh i have interest in pretty much all of the top half of the card, i'll be checking it out.

any word on if it's have any kind of TV deal Mike? Luke Barnatt said they were hoping it would be on TV.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

BAMMA show is available on 5 on Demand if anyone wants to see it.

Parke/Redmond was an excellent main event that deserved to be a 5 rounder (not a fan of 3 round title fights in BAMMA), lots of good exchanges, mainly on the ground. Norman Parke had a habit in the UFC of having the same fight over and over, never boring but it always tended to look the same but this was amongst the best fights ive seen him involved in. Thought Redmond did enough to get the nod though, 29-28 for me. Parke easily took round 1 and i can see why his top position may have scored him round 2 but Redmond was the only guy really threatening to finish the fight. Round 3 was easily Redmonds. Good fight, i'd be up for a rematch.

The co-main was good too between Andy Young and Dominque Wooding. Not quite sure if putting a 3-0 rookie into a title fight is the best thing to be doing but Wooding looks a decent prospect despite getting tapped in round 3. He has that Conor McGregor/MVP type thing going for him, one to keep an eye on. Good fight in front of a hot Irish crowd. Irish MMA fans make a lot of noise for their own.

• Paid Members

Yeh i have interest in pretty much all of the top half of the card, i'll be checking it out.

any word on if it's have any kind of TV deal Mike? Luke Barnatt said they were hoping it would be on TV.

No idea, I think it's streamed free though?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...