The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

seanz25

• Paid Members

gd5R2Q5.jpg

for anyone not planning on watching Brook/Golovkin Saturday night, Cage Warriors has this airing live on BT and Fightpass.

BAMMA is Saturday night as well in Ireland (from what i can gather, isn't on TV though)...

F04ioGw.jpg

just a silly weekend of combat sports.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Paddy Pimblett (who I found annoying as fuck at cage warriors) has signed with the UFC and will debut at the Belfast show, was hinted at on the MMA Hour, he actually came across much better talking to Ariel and seemed quite sound.

Yeah, he is annoying as fuck and looks like one of the inbetweeners. Found it funny on the CW show where he jumped into the crowd and the commentator said something along the lines of "And you thought The Beatles were loved in Liverpool, this is something else". Yeah, on the waiting list for The Baddie tourist tours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

It's a quiet weekend of MMA coming up so it might put some eyes on Cage Warriors who have a show from Newport on Saturday night:

14wr9mp.jpg

live on Fight Pass/BT Sports. The show lost it's main event when Jack Marshman signed with the UFC. The whole feeder league thing is a blessing and a curse for Cage Warriors. The promotion very much seems to take pride in having provided the UFC with so many good fighters but it kills the promotion's momentum in terms of building fighters or having a Champions defend their belts. They basically win a belt and the UFC snatch them within 1-2 defences and the belt is once again vacant. Losing a local headliner that was probably the main ticket shifter is a bummer too.

Quibble aside this is how the main card lines up:

Lightweight: Martin Svensson (14-6) vs. Scott Clist (11-2)
Bantamweight: Martin Sheridan (8-6) vs. Josh Reed (5-0)
Lightweight: Arnold Quero (13-4-0-1NC) vs. Dean Trueman (6-3)
Featherweight: Eddi Pobivanez (3-1) vs. Jack Shore (2-0)
Welterweight: Aaron Khalid (4-2) vs. Adam Procter (5-0)

Cage Warriors are having an unplugged event live from the BT Studios on the same night as UFC 205, two title fights Chris Fishgold is defending his LW Title & Paddy Pimblett is defending his FW belt, I'm guessing they will be making a big deal about UFC 205, should be a fun night but I have a feeling it will feel like a TUF fight were all you hear is corner men and team mates shouting. UFC 205 is 4 hours, so it probably doesn't finish until 7 am.

• Paid Members

i wondered what the 'Unplugged' name was all about. Pretty cool that they get to attach it to the UFC show though, probably the reason Pimblett stayed with Cage Warriors too, new contract or not i expect him to move to the UFC if he wins. He's fighting UFC vet Julian 'Juicy J' Erosa, you probably remember him from TUF a couple of years back.

Cage Warriors was alright last night, nothing to write home about really. Cage Warriors in Wales merged with a local promotion and the show felt like the ones i watched locally, the fights feel like they are very much set up for the home fighter to win.

Cu1qyPMXYAQBBL0.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen