Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seanz25

The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

127 posts in this topic

real disappointing end to Cage Warriors, Che Mills tapped out from a shot after 18 seconds with what looked like a knackered knee. Was looking forward to it too.

First 3 fights on the card were all action though, 3 first round stoppages and both Welshman looking good. Reed's TKO of Kelly will be propping up some highlight reels for a bit, had a bit of Phil Baroni/Dave Menne about it.

Awesome production on this promo for Cage Warriors 84:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aXT5B-uRDY

Edit: what's up with video embedding? Sometimes it automatically works, other times it doesn't.

Edited by Chunk

BAMMA is live on Dave tonight from 9. Don't know alot about the card but some wally from Geordie Shore is fighting. He came in 15lb over the weight limit so it all seems a bit of a farce...the guys fight (name escapes me) is on streamed like on facebook as a part of the prelims.

I think BAMMA are missing a trick here. I've had 3 people ask me about Aaron from Geordie Shore's cage fight tonight. They should have stuck him on the main card if it helps get get eyes on BAMMA.

15lbs over weigh really takes the piss though.  

yeh, sounds like a no brainer to me. Bellator did a similar thing when Alex Reid fought on their first London show. They buried him on the prelims and not a lot was said about it, you'd think letting a guy like open a main card and stick his face on a poster would go a long way into drawing interest.

I've had numerous people ask about it. Fucking retarded they didn't air it live or at least as opening the show. The result was already all over social media by the time it aired. Handled absolutely terribly. That said he didn't look half bad for a guy at 0-0-0. Did all the basics right and didn't freeze on the big occasion with arguably a lot of pressure to deliver, on him. Rest of the show was so-so. Some good stuff some bad, not much else noteworthy. 

yeh i saw the finish of the fight, the crowd reaction tells you that it was something that the audience were into. It doesn't matter than Geordie Shore is seen as a bit of a joke to a lot of people, it's massively popular and the interest shown all over social media showed that BAMMA should have been taking advantage of that situation.