The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

seanz25

• Paid Members

Woah, that Khalidov fella has a 32-4 record and had his debut 12 years ago! How come he's never moved on to a bigger promotion?

Am I just underestimating how big KSW is in some parts of the world?

Edited by Chunk

• Paid Members

He picked up plaudits when he was in Sengoku was about but he's primarily fought with KSW, i imagine he's well looked after there because he's one of their biggest stars.

Khalidov's problem is that he's not facing the competition other top Middleweights are fighting so no one really knows how good Khalidov could be. He's wrecking everyone he fights though. I'd love to see him move to the UFC.

Not sure how this ACB thing has come about though?

KSW do about 4 events a year they do massive ratings in Poland, usually it's Khalidov or former world's strongest man Pudzianowski headlining, Pudz is usually freakshow fights.

Khalidov is basically an adopted Pole, he's from Chechnya and I think his family fleed the troubles, ACB are owned by a Chechen and started out there but have ran a few Eastern European countries and Glasgow last year, so I guess they want to expand in Western Europe and are using Khalidov because he's a Chechen with a large Polish support and Barnatt because he's a Brit.

• Paid Members

TBH I knew very little of ACB until a bloke I know started working for them. Apparently, based on their Russian popularity they're the 3rd biggest MMA organisation but that might be marketing bollocks for all I know. Dunno how many they're expecting in Manchester but they're apparently quite cash rich. Saul Rogers is on this card too though, should get a good response.

EFN & ACB are both owned by rich fuckers, they aren't going to pay for a UFC level promotion but can afford to pay anybody a massive purse (probably not Conor or Ronda if you include PPV %)

One of them did offer to pay Khabib $5 million to fight (he obviously has a UFC contract, so wasn't an option) and Khabib gets giving big cars and other massive gifts just because the Russians are into their combat sports and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rich Russian who offered to pay the $200,000 difference to Tony Ferguson that Khabib was offering.

ACB turned into one of my favourite promotions last year. Attended the Glasgow card (wasn't that well attended tbh but the fights were great) and I think I've watched all the cards since then. They usually air free on YouTube.

There slogan is 'Less Show And More Fighting' which is certainly the case. Fighters basically enter the cage as the previous fighters are leaving.

They also have there first card outside of Europe on Friday night. In California - http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/43182-absolute-championship-berkut-51

WIll be some recognisable names on there for some.

Edited by Ross18

• Paid Members

fucking hell, that's a nice little card! Couple of guys there i haven't heard from in a while too, hopefully i'll get to see it.

edit** just looked up their UK channel, looks like the show will air live and be available to stream straight afterwards.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGGGhIs6FFRgwR3sqeZ7KQ

thanks for the heads up Ross.

Edited by Egg Shen

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

CWFC_80.jpg

Cage Warriors this Saturday evening, live on Fight Pass & BT. It's the first show of the year and beings a fairly regular schedule so i plan on staying upto date with it.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/CWFC-80-Cage-Warriors-Fighting-Championship-80-

card there ^ it's lost a few of it's featured fighters but the main event is enough to draw me in. Been a fan of Karl Amoussou for a while, he's always fun to watch.

Not involved with the YouTube stuff currently, hopefully further down the line though I will be, they tend to cover Northern England/Irish shows more than anything right now due to the location of the guys, although I'm hoping to start bringing more coverage of promotions down South.

I only started writing/producing content for them back in October. Can safely say though and this is without me being biased they're the best place on the web covering UK MMA right now, so if you're looking to get into it more check out some of their coverage. All super passionate guys.