The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

seanz25

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Clan Wars is a terrible name for an MMA show.

I'd rather see Klan Wars - where a bunch of white supremacists have to fight each other to the death.

• Paid Members

some live UK MMA on a Thursday! BAMMA holds a show at York Hall tomorrow, main card on ITV4 at 10pm. Only two fights advertised to be broadcast but it'll nice to watch after the footy...

http://www.bamma.com/files/posters/bamma-fight-night-london.jpg 

Ryan McKee vs. Terry Brazier

Chi Lewis-Parry vs. Lukasz Parobiec

• Paid Members

i love the idea of BAMMA holding shows there, should make for hot atmosphere. Too many MMA shows over here (BAMMA being the main culprits) of holding events in arenas that they have zero chance of filling, i think York Hall is a greay move.

On the subject of tonights show, its a 3 fight main card (not 2). The other main card fight features an SBG fighter named Mike Hales who's 5-0. The pro records of his 5 opponents compiles to 0-50. That is a straggering stat 😂

Thanks for the heads up, @Egg Shen, enjoyed watching this. Did seem pretty low rent, the announcer was shit and there was a lot of empty seats, but that can be attributed to football.  Was good to see it in such an iconic venue though, hopefully more shows will be from there and on ITV! 

• Paid Members

Those punches to the back of the head from Brazier in the mount were a bit much. Since Big John's retired, Marc Goddard for me is arguably the best ref in the game. But I thought he should've done something about those punches. They were pretty blatant, and those punches raining down from the mount position would be even more devastating. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Cage Warriors have done the ol' sit down, head to head thingy for their September first show. I ain't seen it yet but it's nice to see them dip their toes into this kind of thing, they should do more of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Wee reminder. Cage Warriors 96 is on tomorrow night, live on BT Sports. Paddy Pimblett/Soren Bak main event for the strap. One of the better Cage Warriors main events this year, should be a hot Liverpool crowd too.

• Paid Members

Nearly forgot about this so cheers for the reminder. Sky+ is set. 

Cannot fucking stand Pimblett. Half of me wants to see him get smashed tonight but I would like to see him in the UFC. He's a knob but I can't deny he can fight and he's got the kind of personality that creates buzz for fights which is often lacking in the lighter weight classes in the UFC. Basically, I want to see him get twatted, but it'd be more fun to watch him get twatted in the UFC. 

• Paid Members

Yeah Paddy shat the bed. I think it was partly down to emptying the tank going for that choke in the first round but that shouldn't have fucked him for the next 4 rounds. I think Bak deserves the credit. How he survived that choke I don't know, but his performance after that said a lot about him. I had Bak winning the second, despite the commentators trying to give it to Pimblett. Then the last 3 rounds were definitely Bak's, no question. Bak just wouldn't fuck off, stayed in Pimblett's face and Pimblett had no answers. 

Pimblett's got some skills but I can't help but think he'd have a really rough time in the UFC's 155 division. If he's getting outclassed by Soren Bak, even after a massive first round, I dread to think what the likes of Khabib, McGregor, Ferguson, Lee, Poirier, Gaethje, Alvarez, Barboza, Pettis etc would do to him. I don't mean that as a knock on Bak either. In fairness he looks pretty good but he's certainly not as lethal and/or polished as the UFC names I've mentioned there. And even if Pimblett came to the UFC back at 145, I can't envision fights with guys like Holloway, Ortega, Aldo, Edgar etc ending any better for him. If he ever makes it to the UFC, I can't see him going above middle of the pack at best.