The UK MMA Promotions Thread: BAMMA, Cage Warriors, ETC

seanz25

Yup, 

Was there once again Sat night - Fun show. Same crowd issues again - Especially this time round as the non-televised/streamed undercard featured around 8 fights from Phoneix MMA in Bournemouth - Which is CW's academy setup/deal. Crowd was a tad sparse by the end. 

Think you book Chadwick in against Piechota for the title next. It makes sense. I spoke to Chadwick's team after the fight, they seem certain they'll be able to deliver the result and nab the title, confident that I'd say, Piechota looked phenomenal. 

Weeden fight was good fun if you like the drama of a turn-around. Cameron Else is shit - He really should have finished the fight in the 1st though, I was informed he's had the exact same situation of dominating the opener, to the point he should end the fight, comes out knackered in the 2nd and get's beat, in one of his previous bouts. Leah McCourt was the biggest upset of the night by far, she looked God-awful, which was majorly disappointing after hearing how great she's looked on the amateur scene, especially as it was against the relatively unknown Zouak who doesn't have near the same accolades as McCourt. Think CW's will be frustrated with that - Irish contingent and what not, came out and looked shit. 

They've got a strong lead-up to Christmas now though, taking a break for a while till September then they've got Nathaniel Wood's title defense, followed by the Liverpool card they announced, featuring the locals Pimblett, Fishgold and Mccann, I might travel up for that one. 

• Paid Members

I enjoyed the shit out of Weeden vs Else. The action itself was really entertaining to watch, everyone loves a comeback. But it was made all the sweeter for me that Cameron Else got beat after coming out like a massive twat singing and dancing his way to the cage to 'Kiss' by Prince. He looked a right div. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

BAMMA 30 is on Dave tonight at 9pm, live from Dublin.

bamma-30.jpg

Main Card – Live on Dave from 9 pm

Alan ‘The Apprentice’ Philpott (16-9) Vs. Shay Walsh (16-4) - BAMMA World Bantamweight Title

Rob ‘C4’ Sinclair (13-4) Vs. Paul ‘Redser’ Redmond (11-6)

Fabian ‘The Assassin’ Edwards (1-0) Vs. Aaron Kennedy (Debut)

Ryan ‘Chaos’ Curtis (4-0) Vs. Daniel Barez (7-4) - Lonsdale European Flyweight Title

a couple of decent little trailers for the main and co-main...

• Paid Members

BAMMA was a decent hour and a bit despite the anti-climatic finish to the main event. Walsh/Philpott were having a bit of a classic round before Philpott landed a clear click to a downed opponent and it was waved a no contest due to a broken jaw, right result probably but it was sad to see it finish like that.

Paul Redmond retired Rob Sinclair with a sweet kneebar, never really saw much of Rob Sinclair's MMA career but i always kept tabs on his progress after being in attendence for BAMMA 7 when he KO'd Diego Vital with a nasty uppercut. Retires with some good scalps on his record.

The announcement of signing Chi Lewis Parry is a nice one too, his combat career has stalled because he keeps pulling out of fights but seeing him in back in MMA is good to see, if BAMMA lines up the right kind of opponents we'll see some fireworks, fucking size of the guy too, he made David Haye look like a lightweight.

On 07/07/2017 at 10:38 PM, Egg Shen said:

Paul Redmond retired Rob Sinclair with a sweet kneebar

That kneebar was tremendous. For those who didn't see the fight, Sinclair was sat with his back against the fence and had Redmond in a guillotine choke. Redmond got his legs around Sinclair’s left leg and managed to pull on the lower leg of Sinclair, and with his own body on the upper legs of Sinclair it created a modified kneebar and Sinclair verbally tapped.

On 07/07/2017 at 10:38 PM, Egg Shen said:

Chi Lewis Parry...fucking size of the guy too, he made David Haye look like a lightweight.

I'd heard of Chi Lewis-Parry, but I didn't know if I'd seen him before, so this was my first time seeing him knowing that I was seeing him. and damn, he made Haye look small. I thought it was because Haye is considered a small heavyweight, but he's not; Lewis-Parry is just that big.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

bit of a headsup a week early but next week's Cage Warriors show is gonna be shown live on the new freeview channel Free Sports. Not sure if it will still air on BT? or if BT are skipping a show (they are listed to show Cage Warriors 87).

• Paid Members

BAMMA 31 goes down tomorrow night, it's live on Dave and i fully intended on watching the show but the main event of Chi Lewis-Parry and Maurice Jackson has dropped off because Jackson is ill.

Chi Lewis-Parry has no luck, i can't recall anyone having as many fights cancelled as that guy.

On 09/07/2017 at 5:12 PM, Noah Southworth said:

I'd heard of Chi Lewis-Parry, but I didn't know if I'd seen him before, so this was my first time seeing him knowing that I was seeing him. and damn, he made Haye look small. I thought it was because Haye is considered a small heavyweight, but he's not; Lewis-Parry is just that big.

Pretty sure he used to play for Guildford Heat in the British Basketball League.

• Paid Members

Had to check that because I thought it might be that Nathan Jones (unlikely, I know), and I saw that, according to the results page, every single fighter who won is undefeated in BAMMA. Alright, a lot of debuts, but still.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Had to check that because I thought it might be that Nathan Jones (unlikely, I know)

I've worked with a Nathan Jones, a Stu Hart and a Chris Irvine (which is Jericho's real name, isn't it?) over the last year or so. 

Oh and nothing to do with wrestling but one of my best mates' wife was called Katie Perry before they got married. 

Anyway, back on topic. I haven't seen this yet but had it spoiled for me. It's in my planner so I'll still give it a watch. Spoilers don't matter so much when you don't really know who anyone is or have any particular investment in the outcomes. Sounds like it was a wild one though.