McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

• Paid Members

He looks cool, he acts cool

He looks & acts cool if you're a 15 year old boy; otherwise his shtick is naff as fuck. "Holla at me playa. Look at my gold chain, dawg. I gotz da bling yo."

And Conor McGregor acting like a more hirsute Jeremy Clarkson bantzing away is a vast improvement?  

Worlds apart. Best promo of all time in any sport ever. 

That just isn't true is it? 

It's subjective, but IMO it's true. Who's better? Tweeted Meltzer after a UFC press conference one night and he agreed. And I love Meltzer, so that's all I needed.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

UFC 200's a bit fucked now, isn't it?

Aldo vs Edgar is an incredible fight that I'm really looking forward to. Doesn't scream 'biggest card in UFC history headliner' though, does it? As it stands, without Diaz vs McGregor 2, 198 and 199 are probably better overall cards than 200. They're meant to be the appetisers to the main course. At this rate the foreplay's going to outshine the intercourse. And what can they even add to 200 now? All I can think is they better get on the blower to GSP and throw him an insane figure to fight Robbie Lawler or something. What else is there?

I'm throwing shit against the wall here, but McGregor's tweet is open-ended. It's possible that his retirement takes effect after the Diaz rematch.

Edit: After reading the tweet again, maybe it isn't so open-ended.

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

I'm throwing shit against the wall here, but McGregor's tweet is open-ended.

It's possible that his retirement takes effect after the Diaz rematch.

It could be absolutely nothing.

It could be legit.

He could mean after the Diaz fight.

He could be leveraging for more money. 

He could be trolling.

He could have re-injured his ACL.

Maybe he failed a PED test and is getting ahead of it?

It could be after watching a guy die last week from cageside.

We'll find out - but right now those 8 possibilities are being thrown around with nobody knowing for sure except Conor, Dee Devlin, and John Kavanagh. And forget Kavanagh's tweets - if McGregor is trolling or leveraging, he'd back him up either way.

But it's certainly the talk of everyone in MMA right now! 

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

What the fuck?! I instantly imagined it to be a troll job but given the stuff that happened after the death of that fighter im not sure its a time to be playing around. Strange.

• Paid Members

No idea what to make of all of this. Initially I thought McGregor was on the coke again and decided he wanted to cause a ruckus, but Helwani and Kavanagh did a grand job ruining my evening visit to the toilet.

Such a bizarre way to end his career, if this is it. Such an odd few months.

Also wand, I think it's rather harsh to be calling him anything without knowing, well, anything. Could be drugs, could be injuries, could be a legit quitter, could be his new music career, could be WWE, could be money reasons. Who's to know.

Dana White probably punching his Tito punchbag right now. Yikes!

Edited by ColinBollocks

In regards to Kimbo - Came across as a nice bloke on TUF.

Nice bloke, sure. But I'm saying he lacks personality - "nice bloke" doesn't cut it.

Huge star though. One of the biggest.

So, Conor's done, eh? Can't say I give a fuck to be honest.

• Paid Members

In regards to Kimbo - Came across as a nice bloke on TUF.

Nice bloke, sure. But I'm saying he lacks personality - "nice bloke" doesn't cut it.

Huge star though. One of the biggest.

Yeah, I acknowledged that - can understand why he WAS - just don't get why he still is.

Someone said on Twitter that UFC 200 tickets go on sale next week, so perhaps he's just trying to force their hand to get more money out of them.

Hasn't he already signed a contract for the fight? So, likely already negotiated what he wanted?