McGregor McRetires? No. But let's talk about him anyway.

Supremo

1 minute ago, ColinBollocks said:

It's the biggest fight the UFC can make.

Thing is, even if Khabib wins the rematch, it'll still be the biggest match they could make money-wise in the future, so do we just keep going with that fight until eventually the fans get fed up?

• Paid Members

You're giving them ideas, David.

Jones is really 2-0 over DC but they are desperate to make another fight ASAP because they know it sells.

Say Conor loses again (he will), if he wins his next match against some other LW they'll definitely give him a title shot.

Again, if they've changed their tune, it's maybe because the owners or Khabib/Conor want that big guaranteed nut. Personally, I think you can have them v two randoms and they'll both do good numbers, but if you're Conor/Khabib you take the extra PPV points for a days work.

• Paid Members

Seems like a silly decision for Team Mcgregor. Where does Mcgregor go after a second Khabib loss? The Diaz trilogy and then retirement is surely all that's left.

Thinking about it ... why not. He'll make a fortune out of both of those and can then retire to a young family with his youth, health and a whisky business that'll make him money without the need to get hit in the head.

• Paid Members

If that’s the aim though he can do that now. Sure a few extra mil wouldn’t hurt, but he’s already made enough to never fight, get hit or work again. 

Khabib makes me laugh. All that time he was banging on about ‘not fighting for money’ because he fights for legacy and his people etc. Wins the title and it turns out he’s as money obsessed as anyone with all this shit about boxing Mayweather and Abdelaziz droning on about needing opponents who sell PPVs. It’s so fucking boring. 

The thing is though, it's easy to say that, but when literally every other fucker nowadays is obsessed with these "money fights" it becomes hard not to get sucked into that philosophy. He's just battered and choked out the biggest star the UFC have ever had, he probably thinks he's entitled to a slice of the money pie. He's certainly more worthy than some of the other muppets claiming they're only chasing money fights (cough cough, Cejudo).

I get why Conor is chasing Khabib, because the only other person he could face is Diaz, and if he loses that (which he very well could) then that's his stock hurt massively, and he won't have such an obvious claim to a title shot. At least if (and when) he gets battered around by Khabib again, the Diaz trilogy fight is always going to be there waiting for him. 

• Paid Members

Whoever Conor fights, it's going to do a big number. I think Conor v Raging Al does everyone some good.

Nate wasn't exactly GSP before he did that number with Conor, but everyone sold that fight brilliantly.

If I'm Conor, though, I'm flexing for as many title fights as I can. 

• Paid Members

I'd like to see McGregor vs. Iaquinta, certainly. An exciting fight, and the build-up will definitely be worthy of watching. Iaquinta's loud, likeable, and he just doesn't give a fuck. Plus I'm also intrigued to see how their fighting styles match up.

• Paid Members

McGregor’s bellyaching on Twitter and Instagram. What’s this load of old absolute cobblers?;

thenotoriousmma Let the record show. I like Paulie Malinaggi. Here is a confrontation between us regarding a picture he was upset about. Yes you heard that right. A picture. I told him here to his face. “Don’t be bitching.” Common knowledge I would think for a fighting man. Don’t be a bitch, bitching. The same thing I said to Khabib at the end of round 3. My round. Don’t be bitching! Every single round bitching to the referee. He was even bitching in the fourth round from mount position. It baffled me. If anyone should have been saying anything to the referee, it should have been me in that 1st round. That round he held onto my legs for four minutes straight. With zero activity. But a fight is a fight who gives a fuck. Crying to the referee like a proper bitch. I was trying to dig my fingers into his Adams Apple. Many individuals in the fight business, I have learned lately, are absolute bitches. I know you’s are broke boys. But don’t be broke bitches.

This after he’d already thrown a little tantrum at Firas Zahabi because Firas said he’d pick Max Holloway if Holloway vs McGregor 2 happens. 

Where do you start? Why’s he randomly going on about the ‘did you bring your balls?’ confrontation with Paulie from about 18 months ago? Why now? Why’s it taken him 3 months to come up with all these excuses for why Khabib ragdolled him? “He held onto my legs”. “He kept bitching to the referee”. Why’s he keep saying everyone’s bitching in a post where he’s doing nothing but bitching? And worst of all, why’s he acting like he said ‘don’t be bitching’ to Khabib at the end of the third when he clearly said ‘it’s only business’? 

3 months he’s had. And that’s the best he’s come up with. He might as well go back to endlessly tweeting about Proper 12. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

McGregor’s bellyaching on Twitter and Instagram. What’s this load of old absolute cobblers?;

This after he’d already thrown a little tantrum at Firas Zahabi because Firas said he’d pick Max Holloway if Holloway vs McGregor 2 happens. 

Where do you start? Why’s he randomly going on about the ‘did you bring your balls?’ confrontation with Paulie from about 18 months ago? Why now? Why’s it taken him 3 months to come up with all these excuses for why Khabib ragdolled him? “He held onto my legs”. “He kept bitching to the referee”. Why’s he keep saying everyone’s bitching in a post where he’s doing nothing but bitching? And worst of all, why’s he acting like he said ‘don’t be bitching’ to Khabib at the end of the third when he clearly said ‘it’s only business’? 

3 months he’s had. And that’s the best he’s come up with. He might as well go back to endlessly tweeting about Proper 12. 

It's not really all that surprising, to be honest. Some people completely lose the plot, and they don't even try to look for it. Looking at his career from the wider perspective, he's been on the downward slide in terms of his media attitude, which was already quite shite since he started earning big, ever since the Bellator referee thing.

• Paid Members

Oh I’m not surprised. Just find it all a bit pathetic. It’s like he’s sat around feeling sorry for himself the last 3 months and had to let it out. And I forgot the “My round” bit. Fucking tragic. Trying to claw something back by bragging that he won 1 round out of 5, and even that appeared to be largely because Khabib took his foot off the gas more than anything McGregor did. Notice he doesn’t address Khabib dropping him either. 

I think the whole point of that post was to explain away the “it’s only business” thing. So he’s chucked it in with a load of other bollocks hoping people will run with it. 

3 months later and he’s still that sore about the loss. Whether it’s a direct response or not, the timing of Khabib tweeting this today...

C7C8C2CE-BA4F-4E31-8C65-D0B260BE2FF4.jpeg

B4A01AD2-8A67-436B-9774-DFE7C5A460AE.gif

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

It's what he does. Nate/Mayweather/Khabib he's always come out with some right daft excuses to explain away his failings. However, it's crafty as fook because the rubes that bought Proper Twelve always lap it up. I think Conor knows what he's doing, even if it's complete bollocks.

"It's only business".