Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

12 hours ago, jimufctna24 said:

Also, Coker plans to sit down with Fedor in a few weeks time in Chicago to discuss his future. Coker would like to put together a 3-fight retirement tour for Fedor, where he would fight in Japan, Moscow and the US. For all his shortcomings, for which there are many, I really like Fedor. However, part of me hopes that he passes on Coker's offer.

Depends on who the opposition is really, doesn't it? If they match him with guys who are still close to being in their prime then it's not worth seeing, but if they can somehow find a way to match him with three decent "names" of his era in one-off fights then it could work.

Rampage Jackson and Big Nog depending on his contract status with the UFC and willingness to come back for a last showdown would be ideal for the Japanese and US shows, and maybe see if they can sort something out with Mariusz Pudzianowski for the Russian show?

I'd be down for that, as the kids and Ebb would say.

6 hours ago, David said:

Depends on who the opposition is really, doesn't it? If they match him with guys who are still close to being in their prime then it's not worth seeing, but if they can somehow find a way to match him with three decent "names" of his era in one-off fights then it could work.

Rampage Jackson and Big Nog depending on his contract status with the UFC and willingness to come back for a last showdown would be ideal for the Japanese and US shows, and maybe see if they can sort something out with Mariusz Pudzianowski for the Russian show?

I'd be down for that, as the kids and Ebb would say.

I am not sure I want Fedor to fight again at all. Regardless of the opponent. 

But yes, if he does return, I would rather he face the names you mentioned. A fight with Fedor would give Big Nog a proper send-off. And it would be no worse than when Bellator booked Gracie vs Shamrock a few years back. On paper, Rampage is a horrible match-up for Fedor at this point in his career. Jackson carries a lot of power. Yet, Rampage is also a perennial underachiever, who even struggled to put away a shopworn middleweight away in his last fight. Fedor could perhaps give Rampage a competitive fight and maybe even win. 

• Paid Members

Missed 220 but did anyone see Rory/Fitch? any thoughts on it? i watched a pre-fight interview with Rory last weekend and he seemed so un-motivated i really questioned if he wanted to fight. He's fully on the religious train now and seemed more interested in wanting to be like more like jesus every day than fighting in a cage, weird.

edit:

oh shit, guess he carried it over on the night:

Rory is finished.

Edited by Egg Shen

Rory has always been very religious apparently. 

I think Rory's performance can be attributed to complacency (he's only 29, but he's been fighting since his teens and been in several wars), and Fitch being a bit better than most thought. It would be daft to say that Fitch is still the same fighter he was in 2009 or 2010. However, he's seemingly aged quite well. One reason for that will be his fighting style. He's only been KOed twice in a 17 fight career. 

It's been confirmed that Rory will fight Gracie in June as scheduled. If he continues to be complacent he will eventually get caught out. I won't be surprised if Lima beats him in the final, and he proceeds to call it a day. 

• Paid Members

In the interview i saw he said his girlfriend introduced him to her church and since that's become his focus. The birth of his kid (and one on the way) may also have something to do with it.

My money will be on Neiman Gracie come June.

• Paid Members

yeh, good on him. If its hearts not in it he's better off out. 

Sneaky little Bellator UK event tomorrow in Birmingham:

BMMA_ES2_750x750px_venue.jpg?width=750&h

its like a Bellator/BAMMA card because a lot of the BAMMA signing are on this. Its live on Channel 5 tomorrow night (not Sky Sports).

http://whoatv.com/updated-bellator-birmingham-card/

card there ^ Its a real good little card, couple of Bellator vets on there plus the MMA debut of Raymond Daniels. Prelims have some quality on them too.

• Paid Members

Yeah Bellator looks decent. I was thinking about going with it being practically on my doorstep but I’ve got 4 birthdays in the 10 days (seriously!) so I’m fucking skint pretty much the rest of May. 

11 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah Bellator looks decent. I was thinking about going with it being practically on my doorstep but I’ve got 4 birthdays in the 10 days (seriously!) so I’m fucking skint pretty much the rest of May. 

You one of those "born on a leap year" pricks, yeah?

Nice one EBB. It's a quiet night on Saturday, so I will probably give the Bellator card a go. 

As for birthdays, I'm still stressing about whether I should get my Nephew the Toy Story 3 Woody Doll or the Disney Store version. A very serious decision. 

That was a fun little card. It reminded me a bit of the early Fight Night cards the UFC did in the mid-2000s. Plenty of quick finishes. But the Raymond Daniels finish was probably the highlight. 

Looking forward to the upcoming Bellator shows. Starting next week with the Pitbull vs Chandler/MVP vs Lima show. 

Edited by jimufctna24