Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

I'm guessing that they don't have anywhere near the size of gym or coaches of Jackson-Wink? Obviously Arlovski-Overeem train at the same gym and just fought but I think that's a newly built gym and they couldn't have did that during Rashad Evans time.

They both are at London shoot fighters, The gym was a decent size for a uk gym, until they moved across the road to another location, from what I have seen of that one it is a hell of a lot smaller, no where near as many coaches from what I have seen but still a fantastic facilities

MVP vs Santos is a great fight and a great test for MVP.

I'm seeing everywhere saying the card is set, yet Reid is still showing up as vs tbc...

• Paid Members

well, that's what i am :)

You going to the event, Ebb?
nah, id love too, it falls after 4 straight weekends of me being away though so i can't afford it. TV job for me. Edited by Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Dynamite 2 is this Saturday, no UFC this weekend so get on it...

BELLATOR-DYNAMITE-2.jpg

Unlike the first card Dynamite which flipped between MMA and Kickboxing, this one will feature an MMA card followed by the Kickboxing on a seperate broadcast, decent lineup of fights though!

Quinton Jackson vs. Satoshi Ishii

Michael Chandler vs. Patricky Freire -  Vacant Lightweight Title

Matt Mitrione vs. Carl Seumanutafa

Rebecca Ruth vs. Ilima-Lei Macfarlane

Rampage/Ishii seems put together for the sake of it. Ishii has little profile in the US and unless Bellator are using this as some kind of promotional tool to entice Japanese fans it doesn't really make sense. Ishii is coming off a KO loss and despite big promise never really went anywhere in MMA, Rampage should win via KO.

I'm not entirely sure what the kickboxing card is, but i know it's headlined by a rematch between Joe Schilling and Hisaki Kato (Kato flattened Schilling in an MMA bout last year).

• Paid Members

It's a petty complaint but I wish they didn't call it Dynamite. It makes me compare these cards to the big K-1/Pride/HERO'S joint cards on New Year's in the glory years of Japanese MMA. And that's never going to be a flattering comparison for Bellator. Nothing against them, their cards are usually decent-good. But Dynamite was the BIG show in Japan between 2002 and say 2007. And even later when DREAM still had some names to play with over there. Bringing Rampage vs Ishii and Meathead vs Hakunamatata pales in comparison.

Chandler vs Pitbull should be good though. And I'm a big fan of Schilling so I'll give it a watch. Will this be on Spike over here?

Chandler vs Pitbull should be good though. And I'm a big fan of Schilling so I'll give it a watch. Will this be on Spike over here?

Saturday at 10pm.

I'll be watching the Joshua fight. Although I may tape this. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Saturday at 10pm.

I'll be watching the Joshua fight. Although I may tape this. 

nah, that's not this show... The event being shown on Spike (according to the planner) is Bellator's first kickboxing show from Italy.

Planner may be wrong though.

** ignore that, it is Dynamite according the Spike website

Edited by Egg Shen

I'm not entirely sure what the kickboxing card is, but i know it's headlined by a rematch between Joe Schilling and Hisaki Kato (Kato flattened Schilling in an MMA bout last year).

I don't hate Joe Schilling, he has fun fights and seems a decent guy in interviews but Joe Rogan and Brendan Schaub go on about him like he is the best kickboxer in the world. When he is'nt even close. Maybe because he is American ...who knows.

So I do quite enjoy when he gets fucked up and Hisaki Kato brutally fucked him up again. Oh man, maybe even beating the first one as well.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

Dynamite is free on 5 on demand if you don't want to look very hard for it. So is 154-156.

Chandler had a cracking knockout then had words with the smaller Pitbulll brother who are starting to look more like the Mario brothers.

Rampage got took down early with ease but probably won the fight.

Mitreone got rocked early then won and was then offered a spot on the London card, because who cares what the doctors say it's in London anyway

• Paid Members

I turned over after the Joshua fight and just caught the Chandler-Pitbull KO. Sweet Christ that was some punch! Gutted for Pitbull as I've always liked him (and his brother) and I've never really warmed to Chandler despite enjoying his fights. That was a beautiful punch though. Got to be in the running for KO of the year for me so far.

My attention wandered during Rampage vs Ishii so I can't really comment on the decision. Didn't look the most exciting fight though. The best bit was Rampage channeling Tim Sylvia in his post-fight interview and busting out the old "I was older tonight than I've ever been" :laugh: anyone catch that? Sharp as a butter knife that Rampage.