Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I think they've mentioned that it could eventually. Its just having them being able to move into the market with the sports to make it viable. They'd need to secure Premier League rights or something along them lines, everything worthwhile is tied up over here.

• Paid Members

caught Bellator 218...standard affair. I'd anticipated a barburner main event but Kharakhanyan seemed intent on stalling his way to victory which is unlike him. Sanchez pulled it out through purely trying harder to finish the fight. Poor fight.

Highlight of the card was easily the Tokov/Harris fight. Tokov dropped heavily in round 1 but came back to stop Harris in 2. Cracking little fight.

Linton Vassell's move to heavyweight fell flat. Looks an absolute beast at heavyweight but Vassell never really seems to put it all together. That said, he had a tough first out.

219 is friday, should be much better...

Mousasi is back in training. Here he is with MVP (what a facial expression).

D2mh7KRXQAIjL6E.jpg

I do wonder who Mousasi will fight next. He was scheduled to fight Lovato Jr in January before he withdrew with injury. Coker seemed non-committal when asked if the fight would be re-booked. A rematch with Machida would make sense for Mousasi (Mousasi loathes Machida). But last I heard Machida is fighting Sonnen over the summer. 

Mousasi was interviewed in Holland a month or so ago, and seemed open to a fight with Bader. Now, that would be an awesome match-up on paper. Bader and Mousasi are the two best fighters Bellator have under contract. But I don't particularly like how Mousasi matches up with Bader. I think Bader's size and wrestling would be too much for Mousasi. Bader has matured over the past three years and is unlikely to give Mousasi many openings. 

But we shall see. 

Bellator have signed Josh Barnett. 

He's already fought and beat the likes of Mir, Nelson and Sergei. So I can imagine they will match him with Meathead. Although, I wouldn't mind finally seeing Fedor vs Barnett for the nostalgia value. Or even Rampage vs Barnett.

I assume Bader will defend against Kongo next.

• Paid Members

I hadn't even realised Bellator was running MSG this year. It's a good fight to make as I'm sure Bellator are happy with either result. If it wasn't this for Chael, the newly signed Barnett might have been some nice booking. 

I have a feeling that Bellator will be giving Fedor a call for this. New York has a massive Russian population. A lot of Russians attended Bellator's MSG show in 2017, and left once Fedor had lost to Mitrione. I would be up for Fedor vs Barnett, Fedor vs Rampage or Fedor vs Sergei. But I guess Bellator might match Fedor up with Nelson, or have him fight Meathead again. 

I watched Bellator's press conference for their London show yesterday. Coker said that the first hour of the main show will air on SKY from 9pm-10pm. Then the final two hours will air on Channel 5 from 10pm-Midnight. I assume SKY will show Gallagher's fight. He's created a bit of a buzz. Even if his shtick is atrocious.