Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

I was front row last night, and I’m fairly sure I heard Kharitonov’s ball pop like a water balloon. 

The finish in the Kimble fight was crazy, and was another highly thought of prospect going down the tubes. Bellators recent record of hype trains coming off the tracks is really remarkable.

...doesn’t bode well for MVP!!

• Paid Members

You know its bad when a tough Russian bastard like Sergei is down on the mat in agony, poor fucker looked in some distress. Bit gutted it went down like that, thought we deserved a decent main event after the stinking Storley and Dantas fights.

• Paid Members

Bellator are wasting no time with this Welterweight Grand Prix. MVP Vs Lima is going down in May. Also on the card, Jake Hager goes 2-0 as Coker matches him up with a JW conquistador, A.J McKee Vs Pat Curran, and Chandler defends the 155lb belt against Patricio Pitbull. That's a damn fine looking card right there. 

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/2/19/18232088/douglas-lima-vs-michael-page-jake-hager-return-set-for-bellator-in-may

• Paid Members

yeh, excellent looking card that. 

This Saturday, live on Sky Sports is this from Dublin:

IAujXQ0.jpg

James Gallagher vs. Steven Graham

Peter Queally vs. Myles Price

Keifer Crosbie vs. Daniel Olejniczak

Richie Smullen vs. Adam Gustab

Its thin in terms of notable names, but its a big show from an Irish standpoint. Apparently the Arena is close to sold out so theres gonna be a hot crowd.

Its a shame Gallagher lost his last fight because he likely would have been either fighting for the belt or fighting AJ McKee in that main event which would have been a big deal. It very much feels like a get back on track type fight, Graham is 6-3 and making his Bellator debut. I expect Gallagher to win big and get the hometown pop.

Queally/Price doesn't mean a lot to me but its apparently a big all-Irish grudge match so im expecting fireworks, i need to dig a little further into the feud before Saturday

edit* reading into it, it appears that Myles Price is a former SBG guy who defected to AKA to help Khabib train for Conor McGregor. Interesting stuff.

Edited by Egg Shen

2 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

He's clearly doing something right, the arena is either sold out or is very close to selling out.

And you think that's based on the headliner being a relatively unknown kid who's 7-1 and got sparked in his last fight? Come on Ebb, he may try to emulate McG, but he's not selling out events on his own name quite yet.