Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

if they are willing to go with the Tito rematch straight off, why not? I think Tito's done just about enough to justify it given the lack of depth at 205. The Chuck win was pish but Tito was flawless and looked great, the Sonnen win the one which gives him the shout because Bellator clearly still push Sonnen as a top level fighter so they can sell it off that. He's 3-1 in the promotion too which is solid.

Why not, the storyline is built in and Tito will sell fuck out of it. Lets see it.

The Bader vs Tito rematch makes perfect business sense. I also get why some want to see Tito get his comeuppance after the Liddell farce.Ā 

But I personally wish that Tito would justĀ fuck off. I don't find his act entertainingĀ in the slightest these days. He's a mumbling mess a lot of the time. Plus, he's never been a particularly exciting fighter. The fight with Chael was watchable because it ended quickly. But hisĀ fight with Bonnar was atrocious. Of course, none of this matters against Bader, who would dispatch of him within a round. But it's a reason why I wouldn't want Tito matched up with someone else.Ā 

Of course, he isn't going to fuck off. He's had two opportunities now to go out on a high. First after beatingĀ Chael. Second after beating Chuck. It's clear that he's willing to carry onĀ while the offers are stillĀ rolling in. I don'tĀ blame him. I bet he is earning a pretty penny off Golden Boy and Bellator. But ultimately, I could happily do without him in 2019.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members

W1siZiIsInB1YmxpYy8yMDE4LzEyLzEwLzE1Lzgv

Bellators new European series starts Saturday night. Its pretty much a BAMMA type show with Bellator dressing and a recognisable Bellator guy in the main event, still Bellator have signed a ton of fighters to be on these shows. Its live on Channel 5 at 10pm, 4 fights.

Patricky Pitbull vs. Ryan Scope

Aaron Chalmer vs. Corey Browning

Fabian Edwards vs. Lee Chadwick

Terry Brazier vs. Chris Bunguard

• Paid Members

That's a brilliant landing pad for Bellator and for that fight in particular. If they can get regular segments on Sky Sports News ahead of it, along with these live UK shows on 5, then this could really be a big year for Bellator on these shores, where fan interest is concerned. For having a chance at the casual audience these days, you could do a lot worse than getting terrestrial TV and being featured on SSN.

So the European Series events are sold as a seperateĀ package (hence why no one is currently slated to show them as a US): Sky have the regular numbered events (which includes James Gallagher in Dublin later this month), and Channel 5 are going to show the European Series live.

Pretty good week for Bellator.

• Paid Members

Just a reminder that the Newcastle Bellator is on 5 tonight at 10pm.Ā 

Looks solid as well. Always got time for a Pitbull fight, thereā€™s yet to be a dull moment in aĀ Chalmers fight and Fabian Edwards (younger brother of Leon) is someone that might be worth keeping tabs on. 5-0 with 5 finishes, 4 inside a round. Also 10-0 as an amateur, nearly all finishes. AndĀ he talks a lot. Probably too much, to be honest, but Iā€™ve liked theĀ little of himĀ Iā€™ve seen so far.Ā 

Hereā€™s a little highlight reel of a bunch of his finishes, amateur and pro;

Ā 

I was all up for having a little laugh at Aaron Chalmers and his cunty Geordie Shore mates, but Helwaniā€™s tweet spun me 360 on the matter.

Sometimes, I can really see what grinds Dana about Ariel. He can be a smug, snide shite at times.

Was his opposition great previously? No, but he still put in the work and fought what was in front of him. You canā€™t just say anything that came previously didnā€™t count, but the one he loses does. Fuck that.

He won some fights, he lost a fight. Thatā€™s it. Heā€™s always been fairly honest about his level, and now weā€™ve probably seen exactly where his ceiling is.

...still funny he lost after they built an event around him though.