Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

That Greek girl looked as if she had never had a fight but she didn't get completely mauled she just put out zero offence, god knows who the 5 other girls she beat were?

Gallagher is still really young at 20, should not really be in a co-main but he did beat the guy in the third, his ground game seems good with decent striking, he's still a boy so time is on his side and if Bellator slowly build him he can be great in a few years when he's an actual man, his opponent seemed real cocky for being 1-1 with a losing amateur record but I suppose he served his purpose.

King Mo easily beat Ishii like I thought he would, with the right game plan he can beat Cro Cop but I would prefer him at 205 or even 185 if he could still make that he would be a monster.

• Paid Members

Yeh Gallagher's green as grass but Bellator have to take advantage of his potential star power. They can't throw him in the deep end fight wise but he's deserving of those spotlight fights in Ireland if he's drawing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Fresh off from us talking about that, Bellator have announced another co-promotional show with BAMMA in February in Ireland. Once again Gallagher will co-headline, Liam McGeary/Chris Fields will headline.

Liking this concept.

Spike never did show the Bamma portion of the card right?

Bellator are apparently interested in Ryan Bader which makes sense since he's a former TUF on Spike and has headlined a few UFC fight nights which Spike just love but they aren't interested in Lorenz Larkin.

King Mo & Liam McGeary already lost to Phil Davis for the title, I assume Chael if he beats Tito will wait for Wand and who the fuck knows what Rampage is doing, so Bader would probably get an immediate title shot.

• Paid Members

Bellator are apparently interested in Ryan Bader which makes sense since he's a former TUF on Spike and has headlined a few UFC fight nights which Spike just love but they aren't interested in Lorenz Larkin.

King Mo & Liam McGeary already lost to Phil Davis for the title, I assume Chael if he beats Tito will wait for Wand and who the fuck knows what Rampage is doing, so Bader would probably get an immediate title shot.

Bader vs Davis. Could you think of a more dull fight if you tried?

• Paid Members

Nah they didnt. BAMMA's shows are now streaming live on the facebook channel Unilad. Going by the viewing figures it did really well but im not sure how long people had to watch to effect the actual figures. I was surprised because i didn't see it advertised anywhere.

Just watched Bellator Greatest Hits Volume 1 that aired on 5 last night. Excellent stuff. I never manage to see any of these shows when they stick 'em on those non-HD (on Virgin Media anyway) channels like 5* or Spike.

Have they got a PPV that we can buy to promote or something? Just seemed odd to stick that on the main 5 channel all of a sudden, although it was at midnight. Hopefully this is a sign that they'll move the Bellator shows onto that channel in the near future.

Just watched Bellator Greatest Hits Volume 1 that aired on 5 last night. Excellent stuff. I never manage to see any of these shows when they stick 'em on those non-HD (on Virgin Media anyway) channels like 5* or Spike.

Have they got a PPV that we can buy to promote or something? Just seemed odd to stick that on the main 5 channel all of a sudden, although it was at midnight. Hopefully this is a sign that they'll move the Bellator shows onto that channel in the near future.

It's up on the 5onDemand player too. IIRC, didn't Channel 5 show some highlight UFC shows at one point?. I'd rather they move Bellator to 5 so we get the shows in HD. But it's good we get the shows anyway. Only thing and not sure if happened to anyone else, but during the most recent Bellator card they messed up showing the Gallagher fight, for some reason it replayed the fight before hand. Maybe a tech error on Spike/5 part on the live broadcast.