Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

16 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Off point but related, MVP is boxing in London tomorrow on a Joe Joyce headlined card, had no idea that was happening until a few minutes ago. Its on Dave from 9pm.

I had no idea about this, thanks for the head up, buddy!

• Paid Members

Getting this in early but Bellator pull double duty next weekend.

202: Not interesting in that main event in the slightest. Bellator are really pushing the women but it just isn't doing it for me. Im not really sure how the women will help pull in viewers when Bellator are noted to be taking a hit in viewership. Im sure there's still an audience for it, but outside of the top fights in the UFC i just have no desire to see it anymore.

That co-main event is legit though. That's one of the better fights Bellator can put on at the moment. Dantas/McDonald is worth everyones time.

ridVLKI.jpg

Julia Budd vs. Talita Nogueira - Women's Featherweight Title

Eduardo Dantas vs. Michael McDonald

Chris Honeycutt vs. Leo Leite

Yaroslav Amosov vs. Gerald Harris

203: This is another MMA/Kickboxing event from Italy. Weichel/Pitbull 2 is a rematch from a 2015 fight. Weichel was putting a bit of a beating on Pitbull that night but got caught by a hook late in round 2 and lost by KO. Weichel may be the most underrated and under the radar fighter in Bellator (8-1 against good opposition), i think he might be taking home the belt next Saturday.

Don't know a lot about Jamie Sloane but going by his record he's a bit of a kill or be killed fighter so him vs. Sakara is perfect. Allesio Sakara losing his dream title fight in Italy was tough last December and a bit of a strange thing to see but it'll be cool to see him fight in Italy again because the crowd will go banana.

mFlRP0L.jpg

Patricio Pitbull vs. Daniel Weichel - Featherweight Title

Allesio Sakara vs. Jamie Sloane

Andrey Koreshkov vs. Vaso Bakocevic

Simone La Preziosa vs. Radu Maxim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I see Bellator have announced a Welterweight tournament, which starts 29/9 to kick off their DAZN deal.

It will feature Yaroslav Amosov, Jon Fitch, Neiman Gracie, Andrey Koreshkov, Lorenz Larkin, Douglas Lima, Rory MacDonald, Michael Page and Ed Ruth.

Coker sure loves a "World Grand Prix", which I'm delighted about.

Edited by ColinBollocks

3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

I see Bellator have announced a Welterweight tournament, which starts 29/9 to kick off their DAZN deal.

It will feature Yaroslav Amosov, Jon Fitch, Neiman Gracie, Andrey Koreshkov, Lorenz Larkin, Douglas Lima, Rory MacDonald, Michael Page and Ed Ruth.

Coker sure loves a "World Grand Prix", which I'm delighted about.

Apparently Paul Daley is part of it now as well and will possibly fight MVP.

• Paid Members

I don't doubt it's the plan, just can't see them both ending up in the cage opposite each other anytime soon. Either one of them will get injured or MVP will somehow suddenly end up boxing a 11-9 Latvian on Dave instead. I really hope it happens but it's just one of those fights I struggle to see materialising. 

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I don't doubt it's the plan, just can't see them both ending up in the cage opposite each other anytime soon. Either one of them will get injured or MVP will somehow suddenly end up boxing a 11-9 Latvian on Dave instead. I really hope it happens but it's just one of those fights I struggle to see materialising. 

I think the DAZN thing helps. I imagine Bellator need to come the gate firing on all cylinders for that. 

• Paid Members

I heard Meltzer on Observer Radio today saying that the Welterweight title will be defended in every round, so whoever draws Rory first, will be doing so for a spot in the semi-final, as well as for the belt. I love that idea. 

Pretty shitty for Rory, unless they make all GP fights 5 rounders. They could easily do that though, they've had the HW gp headline 4 separate events, I know why they didn't do 5 rounds there as most of those fights you probably wouldn't want to watch 25 minutes of it.

• 2 weeks later...

According to GAD, the Bellator have signed over 30 fighters from Europe, these will most likely be the Western Europe series which will be similar level too BAMMA & Cage Warriors.  Norman Parke,Jim Wallhead are a few names mentioned. The Western European cards will have 6 events per year and won't be shown in the US, you'll probably need to ask Daz if DAZN plan to air these shows, I think they are on 5Spike over here and probably have guys like Aaron Chambers headlining. They will still do UK & Ireland numbered shows but they will be separate.