Bellator_199_Bader_vs._King_Mo_Poster.jp

The Grand Prix rolls on this weekend...

Ryan Bader vs. King Mo

Paul Daley vs. Jon Fitch

Aaron Pico vs. Lee Morrisson

Cheick Kongo vs. Javi Ayala

Adam Piccolotti vs. Carrington Banks

Real solid card.

Id have fancied Bader in the main event but im enthused from what ive heard from Mo this week, might be bollocks but he's saying he's had a hip problem sorted that's been plaguing him since his 3rd fight, hes sounding motivated and if this battle plays out on the feet as it usually does between two wrestlers i think he's gonna pull it off.

On the flip-side...Paul Daley couldn't sound less enthused about this fight. He'll probably show up on the night but talk of having had enough of MMA, not enjoying the sport and hating it at Bellator all lead me to believe he might have a bad night. He's basically fighting his worst nightmare in Fitch too.

Aaron Pico is money on the undercard, i'll always tune for that guy's fights.

Spare a thought for Cheick Kongo too, dull as dishwater but on a 5 fight win streak in Bellator and didn't get a sniff at the heavyweight tournament. This fight could have been a perfect reserve bout, but instead that honor goes to Crocop/Nelson in London.

• Paid Members

Daley's going to get wrestled into oblivion. 

As for Bader/Mo, I think Bader all day. I'd love to see Mo win. Always liked him and never been a Bader fan but my faith in Mo is close to shot, to be honest. He'll always talk me into half believing he's about to go on a tear but it just feels like we've been sold this story before. There's been injuries in the past, and the really bad staph infection he had and so on. All legitimate. But after he came back it was always 'THIS time I'm healthy'. But nothing much ever seems to come of it.

I'm still fancying Bader to win the whole thing. There's nobody in the tournament who I think is a particularly bad matchup for him. I badly want Fedor to run the field then retire. But I think it's Bader Time. 

Ryan Bader might have just played a blinder by signing with Bellator. His stock his currently at an all-time high, and if he goes on to win the Heavyweight Grand Prix as expected, it will grow even more. If contractually possible, he could then return to the UFC with the promise of a title shot. The UFC's Light-Heavyweight division is wafer-thin. D.C won't be around much longer and Jones is AWOL. Gusty is the only elite level fighter competing in the UFC's Light-Heavyweight at the moment. Rockhold might join him, he certainly has the skills. but he's got it all to prove at 205lbs. The rest are either past-it, journeymen, or prospects. 

All of a sudden, Bader could be worth more to the UFC than anyone could have ever imagined. I'm far from a fan of his, but fair play to him. I do like the idea of a fighter leaving the UFC and improving their worth in the process (Horiguchi being another example from what I hear)

• Paid Members

Here's my customary late as fuck thoughts on 199 before any 200 chat starts before the weekend.

I know a 15 second win doesn't tell the whole story but I think it's time Ryan Bader got a little bit more love and respect from the MMA fans. Seems to be one of the rare few who's left the UFC and then not his prime. Just keep him away from Phil Davis and he's not bad value either from a viewing perspective.

Aaron Pico is the real deal. I know he's KO'ing borderline cans at the monent, but there's a precision and skill to the way he's doing it that makes you sit up and take notice, two of the finest body punch finishes finishes I've ever seen in MMA on the bounce now. 4 fights in but needs a step up.

Jon Fitch is back then.

Rumour was that Paul Daley was being punished when given Fitch. If that's true, Bellator got what they wanted because he got Fitch'd for 3 rounds. It's 100% skippable outside of Daley booing along with the audience in round 3.

Roll on 200... 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

anyone getting on 200 tonight? its live on Spike at 9pm so thats my Friday night sorted (i think its on a 1 hour delay and then airs on MTV at 10 as well). Despite the cancelled main event the card is still solid.

Rafael Carvalho vs. Gegard Mousasi - Middleweight Title

Michael Page vs. Dave Rickels

Phil Davis vs. Linton Vassell

Aaron Chalmers vs. Ash Griffiths

Anastasia Yankova vs. Kate Jackson

outside of the womens fight and Davis/Vassell (which has stinker written all over it) im excited for this.

* edit. Going off Bellators facebook page. Davis/Vassell is streaming on youtube from 8pm, so likely gonna be a 4 fight main card. Bit of confusion.

Also been confirmed that Conor McGregor will be cageside.

Edited by Egg Shen

Fun show, anyone else hear Mauro go on a foul mouthed rant just before Page’s entrance? 

MVP is now 9-0 in Bellator is he ever gonna get a title shot?  There’s not even been talk of him being in the mix for one.  He’s clearly one of their main attractions but they continue to push the former UFC fighters from Yesteryear ala WCW.