Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

i havent checked but a mate told me it isnt showing up on Spike's listings all weekend so we may be looking at a weeks delay.Ā 

According to Metro:

There is still no TV coverage of Bellator events in the UK, even the delayed coverage on Channel 5/Spike is not happening anymore.

The show starts at 2am our time. I am going to set my alarm for 4am to make sure I catch the Main Event. I'm not going to risk the result being spoilt for me.Ā 

Wand - I stand corrected.Ā 

• Paid Members
On 26/04/2018 at 5:05 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Here's a 2018 picture of FrankĀ Mir looking just about ready for a caesarian that strongly disagrees;

image.jpg

Mir looked better than he has in years at the weigh-in, got into good nick in fairness to him, im surprised.

Something just registered with me.Ā 

If Fedor wins this eveningĀ he'll have the 3 best UFC heavyweights of the mid-2000's on his resume. Arlovski, Sylvia and Mir ruledĀ the UFC's heavyweightĀ division from 2003 until 2007. I hope Fedor pulls it off, but I have this nagging feeling that Mir is going to win by knockout.Ā 

• Paid Members

i thought Fedor would end up smashing Mir on the feet, but i didnt predict Mir would come in in such good looking shape. Might be a bit of a smokescreen, but im leaning toward Mir now. Still hope Fedor pulls it off.

:D

Fedor vs Sonnen next then? Given that Sonnen has never been a power puncher, I think Fedor has a decent chance of winning that one. Fedor can still pop, and if he lands on Sonnen, it shouldĀ be curtains. It would make for one of the greatest stories in MMA history if Fedor wins the whole thingĀ against the odds and then calls it a day. I don't think he has much to lose. If he gets beat,Ā it doesn't really meanĀ much, given that he is over a decade removed from his peak. If he wins the entire tournament, it adds that little bit more to his legacy.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

I'm actually quite looking forward to Sonnen v Fedor. Both are done, but I think their respective abilities and flaws can make for an interesting scrap. We know Sonnen is shooting for a takedown the second the fight starts, while we also know Fedor still has the ability to knock your head off. Even if it turns into a Sonnen wrestlefest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

i did finally get around to seeing this show earlier this week but forgot to comment. If you had to mention one word to describe it, it would be 'brief'. A lot of good finishes along the way but it was short on any kind of action really. Danis did what was expected, part of me wanted to see him laid out but id prefer to see him get a couple of bigger names first. Lovato Jr. lived upto billing, felt sorry for Gerald Harris but apparently he's sticking around. Emmanuel Sanchez finish was sweet as well, dont see many standing guillotines.

As for Fedor... was real happy to see him get the win. Thinking about his career though and just how he fights, im starting to think that perhaps Fedor spent most of his fighting career fighting on borrowed time. He's so reckless and puts himself in danger all the time, as soon as he starts letting his hands go the guys a fucking whirlwind and he probably got lucky many times earlier on his career, if people are able to throw back once those hands start flying he's very vunerable.Ā  This was a shootout and Mir got caught with a nasty left hand that he didn't see coming, game over.

I think do actually think we may see Fedor win this fucking thing. He should beat Chael, no one has ever dominated Fedor in a straight wrestling type contest and there's no way Chael hangs with him on the feet, so we'll likely see a Fedor finale against Mitrione/Mo/Bader. I'd lable him a slight underdog in any of those fights but he could pull it off, what a story that would be.

• Paid Members

Fedor had some scary durability as well, didĀ he not?

I'm proper interested to see how Chael's wrestling holds up against Fedor. Obviously, Chael is way off his prime, but back in the day his wrestling was some of the best. My lasting memory of Fedor's wrestling is that time Bigfoot had his way with Fedor and his right eye for a round of G&P.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Fedor had some scary durability as well, didĀ he not?

not necessarily, people will always point at 2 examples...

The overhand right from Fujita which wobbled him.

The Randleman suplex, which looked shocking but probably didnt hurt that bad if he landed ok.

Fedor spent the rest of his prime basically smashing folk without taking much damage from what i recall.