Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

I think MVP is highly marketable, his opponents have been weak but there is a lot of highlight stuff there, even just his Bellator stuff.

With it being a Tent Pole event they might have a countdown show and with it being live over here they might put it on our Spike TV.

Same here, but he's not gonna draw general public in to paying £70+ for a ticket to see him in the O2 currently.

• Paid Members

Spike prelims and 5 main card is already a done deal here Ebb, remember that being confirmed when they announced the O2.

Great news!

MVP is very marketable, but i cant really see him drawing huge numbers to the o2 at this point. MMA unlike boxing over here doesn't really have too many marketable names that shifts tickets, other than local ticket shifters, its still all about brand power.

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Well Bellator 155 will probably best be remembered for featuring one of the worst title fights in MMA history. How a fight between Melvin Maheof and Muay Thai based fighter in Rafael Carvalho could suck so bad is a bit of a headscratcher. It went 5 rounds, very little happened and Carvalho somehow hung onto his belt. Luke Thomas reported that Carvalho won round 1 on all 3 cards without landing a single strike or takedown (Maheof himself landed very little), what the fuck!? Pretty much everyone believed Manheof was robbed, there's zero chance they'll do this one over though.

• 2 weeks later...

Koscheck has pulled out of the London show. Surely given the circumstances, they would be wise to postpone the card. I can't see them being able to produce a worthy headliner at short notice. Unless they can get Tito on tap.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Josh-Koscheck-Out-of-Bellator-158-Paul-Daley-to-Meet-ExChamp-Douglas-Lima-in-London-106065

Edited by jimufctna24

Absolute disaster (unforseen with Kimbo obviously) but still. IMO the fact they were running ads just under a month out during UFC over here this week was a slightly telling sign as to how ticket sales were going so far.

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

thinking about it, there may be a deal with Senei Expo that means this show will still have to run. They'll probably dish out free tickets at the expo, it'll still be great exposure.

They've annoucned Douglad Lima to replace Daley, this was prior to the Kimbo news though :(

• Paid Members

Lima/Daley is a much better fight than Koscheck/Daley, it just lacks that history and selling point.

It feels weird to even speak about replacing Kimbo so close to his death :(

• Paid Members

Yeah, wishing I hadn't  bothered with tickets for London now.

Even if it does go ahead, the card will probably be shit and the people sitting next to me will probably have got their tickets for free.

Hard to be annoyed considering the circumstances, though.

• Paid Members

The card is actually better for getting Lima/Daley, i could imagine Bellator will try getting some kind of attraction main event to go with it too.

Still, I imagine a lot of fans would go specifically for Kimbo and Daley/Koscheck, they were the draws.

• Paid Members

The card is actually better for getting Lima/Daley, i could imagine Bellator will try getting some kind of attraction main event to go with it too.

Still, I imagine a lot of fans would go specifically for Kimbo and Daley/Koscheck, they were the draws.

Yeah, personally I'm not that familiar with Lima whereas the Koscheck/Daley fight has some build and heat behind it.

Yeah, personally I'm not that familiar with Lima whereas the Koscheck/Daley fight has some build and heat behind it.

Look at it positively Chunk, either it's gonna be cancelled and you'll get a refund, Bellator find a replacement or you'll have your tickets bumped up a tier or two if they're giving free ones out I'd imagine. First ever Bellator card over here to, so at least it's a historical thing. Your fucked if you bought cage side though. 

• Paid Members

Look at it positively Chunk, either it's gonna be cancelled and you'll get a refund, Bellator find a replacement or you'll have your tickets bumped up a tier or two if they're giving free ones out I'd imagine. First ever Bellator card over here to, so at least it's a historical thing. Your fucked if you bought cage side though. 

Ha, true.

The one person that bought cage-side is now promoted to the main event ...