Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Looks like there wasnt much of a rush for bellator tickets. Can get on the ticket site easy and theres 6 seats together in more or less every block.

Considering UFC sold it out in under an hour that's pretty dissapointing for Bellator. Not even selling plenty of seats dotted round the venue going by your 6 seats together.

I think the tickets are 25% too expensive. A cheap seat at £45 is a big ask. There aren't many bad seats in the O2 but a cage is a small thing to be looking at. £45 to basically watch two blobs moving around on the horizon is a big ask. Saying that, I did buy a ticket, but I can see why a lot of people won't bother. A cheap seat at £30 would've been a much better price point, I think.

Looks like there wasnt much of a rush for bellator tickets. Can get on the ticket site easy and theres 6 seats together in more or less every block.

Considering UFC sold it out in under an hour that's pretty dissapointing for Bellator. Not even selling plenty of seats dotted round the venue going by your 6 seats together.

I think the tickets are 25% too expensive. A cheap seat at £45 is a big ask. There aren't many bad seats in the O2 but a cage is a small thing to be looking at. £45 to basically watch two blobs moving around on the horizon is a big ask. Saying that, I did buy a ticket, but I can see why a lot of people won't bother. A cheap seat at £30 would've been a much better price point, I think.

Yeah, would be my problem if I was going, factor in trains are wank for pricing and then the cost of the expo on top of £5 for a pint of shitty tuborg it's not a cheap weekend.

• Paid Members

True that. Id love to go and experience the whole weekend but given ive got a holiday and musoc festival its highly unlikely.

Im hoping Bellator strike some kind of deal with Spike to air this live on the Saturday night.

True that. Id love to go and experience the whole weekend but given ive got a holiday and musoc festival its highly unlikely.

Im hoping Bellator strike some kind of deal with Spike to air this live on the Saturday night.

I thought it was a done deal? Spike prelims, Channel 5 with the main card?

The weekend deal sounds like a cool concept to me, it's what I've envisioned UFC doing with IFW. But other promotions don't get involved like they do over Mania weekend.

• Paid Members

Is it? I hadnt read that, good news if it is.

Wonder how Bellator rounds out the undercard? Even on their bigger shows they keep the undercards full of local talent, good chance for some UK fighters to fight on a big stage.

Apparently they are trying to get Alex Reid, they said they've spoke to him at the press conference.

I still say they should have worked with KSW and tried to bring in Mariusz Pudzianowsk and tried to get the Polish fans in, Kimbo Vs the world's strongest man would probably sell even to casual Brits.

I'm well up for seeing Reid get his face battered. Also they'd be wise to get one of the Geordie Shore blokes on, they've got backgrounds in Kickboxing so it wouldn't be to big a freakshow thing. Hardcore fans will totally shit on it, but that'll do them the business with people aged 16 - 25 over here and that's all Bellator care for really.

Edited by seanz25

There was one on big brother a few years back who was a " Cage fighter" just seen it flicking channels but I only ever watch the celebrity ones, don't know if the guy got far.

Is Rosey Sexton still fighting? I know they have a women's flyweight division and she seemed a little small for the bantamweights in the UFC plus I think they are trying to build up that Russian girl who was 2-0 fighting a girl who was 0-0 on a main card.