Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

stupidly late getting in on this, but yeah Nelson couldn't really complain about the decision he was handily outstruck in rounds 1 & 2 and depsite scoring takedowns lost both rounds 10-9. The only place he could complain was whether or not round 3 was a 10-8, it was dominant but he didn't do any real damage. 29-28 Meathead was the right result for me.

Elsewhere. Pitbull just whiped out Campos in one of those fights that felt super anti-climatic. The bubble has really burst on Liam McGeary, he's exciting to watch but his grappling has been exposed recently and here he was just outstruck by a far superior and tight striker, McGeary's spindly legs have to be a target for anyone he fights.

The Heather Hardy/Ana Jaluton fight was terrible though. You throw two World Champion female boxers in an MMA cage and what happens? they have a beginners level grappling match, just a shocker.

Meathead was calling Roy Nelson a cheat for sticking his toes between the fence and driving down on top if him obviously gaining an advantage.

Phil Davis fights Linton Vassell at Bellator 200, Davis wins this, think only the Russian that beat McGeary gives Phil any problems besides Vader again who should hopefully be out the division all year at HW as nobody wants to watch those two fight a third time.

• Paid Members

Same. I actually like Phil Davis in interviews and stuff but once the bell rings he's rotten to watch. It wasn't always like that either. There was a time early in his UFC run where it really looked like he had some star potential. He looked great when he submitted Gustafsson and when he tapped Boetsch with that cool looking inverted kimura thingy. And with his look, the freaky physique, his personality etc I really thought he could be great for the new generation of 205. He just got more and more boring though. He's a good fighter in that he'll beat a lot of guys, he's tricky and poses a lot of problems. But entertainment wise, the cage door closes and it's a wrap. 

• Paid Members

195 is Friday:

Ld4veeA.jpg

Darrion Caldwell vs. Leandro Higo

Joe Warren vs. Joe Taimanglo

Kristina Willians vs. Emily Ducote

Juan Archuleta vs. William Joplin

thin card but i've got a keen interest in Darrion Caldwell, he's not been entirely consistent but when he's on he looks like one of the best 135lb'ers in the world. Higo is getting his second crack at the belt after losing to former champ Eduardo Dantas two fights ago.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/5-Reasons-to-Watch-Bellator-195-132673

^ that'll do a better job of explaining why to watch than me.

• Paid Members
On 04/03/2018 at 4:06 PM, Egg Shen said:

yeh, they are still on Spike. Fridays show was on last night.

Would the Saturday cards still be on a 1-week lag? 5's promotion of these is terrible.

Darrion Caldwell is great probably is one of the best at 135 in the world but the division needs bumping up right now with more talent but that's hard to do with 4 fight cards and like 20 a year 10 divisions and building female fighters who have no or 1 or 2 fights, perhaps Viacom should stream about an hour or two with actual prospects like the contender series in Strike force, even if that means having less shows and deeper events.

Cro Cop should draw in London with Croatians coming over but I don't think this is a co-promoted show with BAMMA, so at least you won't have fans walking out before Bellator as they have seen the Jersey Shore bloke and the top stars are on the main card.

• Paid Members

Fuck me. I think I'm going to have to go to my first Bellator. Despite him fighting on a bunch of UK UFC cards, I've somehow never seen Cro Cop fight live. And how many more chances will there be to have him over here? 

• Paid Members

that's a real solid card for the UK, props to Bellator. Still a shame they haven't pulled the trigger on MVP/Daley, this show would be the perfect oppurtunity and they've gone down another path, strange.