Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

to be fair, it wasn't like there was any mention that Conor McGregor would be there going in, and the show lost it's main event so it was a bit of a thrown together affair.

Anyways, Bellator's 8 man heavyweight tournament is announced as we've already discussed.

image002-696x392.png

Fuck knows how they are approaching the draw, i'd love to see them draw it randomly but i imagine they'll carefully select the fights going in. Who would your money be on going in??

Honestly, if i was gonna drop a few quid i might go outside of the obvious favorites and take Mo or Bader.

Head says Bader heart says Mir.

Would Bader not be one of the favourites? He's on decent form & should handle most of the others who are in the twilight of their careers (to put it nicely).

Rampage is saying that he's fighting Chael  Sonnen, he doesn't seem happy as he doesn't want to fight another boring wrestler but that's pretty much all the LHW's said he doesn't want to fight Fedor (said he would foght him or his own Momma for $10 million) as he's his hero but will do if he faces him in the tournament.

• Paid Members

fuck, i hadn't even noticed Lashley wasn't a part of it. He's had such a weird MMA career, i think he's always put the Pro Wrestling first and he fights when the schedule allows. It's a shame because Lashley has become very effective in MMA and hasn't lost a fight in over 5 years. This would have been the perfect time to pull the trigger and see how he stacks up, the clock is ticking.

Who knows, maybe the idea is to do Lashley/Swagger?

Lashley isn't fighting even near the top guys even just in Bellator but he comes across as legit in TNA from what I've seen.  TNA's schedule is basically shoot several months of TV over say 4 days and every few months put on a PPV, so the schedule would be pretty easy for Lashley, especially when they were filming in Florida and he trains at ATT in Florida as well.

Jack Swagger is apparently going to still do a little bit of pro wrestling as well as train MMA, I don't know if it would be a TNA or just the odd Indy booking.

2 hours ago, WeeAl said:

I would have thought Bader would be the favourite as well, out of the lineup. Who are we expecting to be the first alternate that gets a call when one of these fellas drop out? 

Cheick Kongo. He would probably then go and win the whole thing. Pissing of everyone.

I'd love Roy to win. It'd be so funny.

• Paid Members

Add me to those predicting a Bader tournament win. I think he's in the best form at the moment and there's nobody in that tournament who I can't see him beating. With everyone else there's at least one matchup I think they're pretty fucked in. I think Bader matches up well with everyone. 

• Paid Members

Bellator has a show in Israel today and for the second time on the bounce they've lost their main event. What's left is a show resembling something that doesnt really look like a Bellator card. Bit of a shame, ill tune of the for the Lahat and Salter fights though.

B188_1920x1080_onair_3.jpg?quality=0.85&

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Can't wait for the Heavyweight Grand Prix. Name-wise it's bloody marvellous, although the thought of Fat Mir beating Fedor is about the most appalling thought ever in MMA history. Let's just hope Fedor gets canned early doors by Big Country, or someone remotely likeable. It's the MMA equivalent of Masters Football, this, so many shot fighters.

Edited by ColinBollocks