Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Caught up on last weeks show, couple of notable things...

Ryan Bader looked a beast. Arguably the best ive ever seen him fight. Linton Vassell is a Brit but has a rep as a bit of a cage bully with a good level of wrestling himself, Bader just manhandled him. Bader's never gonna be a fan favorite but he's way better than people give him credit for.

Ed Ruth is a prospect at 185. One of these guys who could probably throw most 185lbers in the world around but he's developing power in his hands. Keep an eye on him.

Pretty apparent that Zach Freeman pulled off one of the upsets of the year against Aaron Pico and wasnt an overly tough opponent as suspected. He was well out of his depth against Saad Awad, this was lambs to the slaughter stuff. Wouldnt be surprised if Bellator do Pico/Freeman 2 to whipe that 0 from his record.

The Irish show is tonight, little buzz with James Gallagher off the show but it i'll be watching. It's on Spike on delay Sunday night.

5dMy3k.png

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, wrestleuk said:

Would be very interested to find out if he would pass a drugs test tonight :omg:

Not with all the people claiming drugs. Don't see why there's any reason to assume that. He's always been a live wire. Easy to see how the occasion and his now mega stardom would be enough to result in him acting like that.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Chunk said:

Not with all the people claiming drugs. Don't see why there's any reason to assume that. He's always been a live wire. Easy to see how the occasion and his now mega stardom would be enough to result in him acting like that.

Yeah you can't assume anything but it wouldn't surprise me if when Conor sneezes half a gram of Devil's Dandruff falls from his beard like snow on a crisp winter night. 

Saw some discussion around precedent for sanctions. Apparently the event was under sanction of the Mohegan Commission, and their head is the head of the association of commissions, and well respected. So it would appear any punishment given by them would be upheld by everyone (NYSAC, New Jersey, Nevada etc). He should be looking at a year for the push on Goddard, based on what's come before. For slapping a Bellator employee, heck, sky's the limit. As I heard someone say, it's assault, and if he did it on the street, he'd be arrested.

As much as UFC wouldn't want to lose him, I think some hard discussions need to be made, and contingencies put in place. 

• Paid Members

to be fair, it wasn't like there was any mention that Conor McGregor would be there going in, and the show lost it's main event so it was a bit of a thrown together affair.

Anyways, Bellator's 8 man heavyweight tournament is announced as we've already discussed.

image002-696x392.png

Fuck knows how they are approaching the draw, i'd love to see them draw it randomly but i imagine they'll carefully select the fights going in. Who would your money be on going in??

Honestly, if i was gonna drop a few quid i might go outside of the obvious favorites and take Mo or Bader.

• Paid Members

I do have to ask: what is the point of having Lashley on their roster if they're only going to have him fighting in the midcard, regardless of how many fights he wins? If they've taken a conscious decision not to use him, why not just release him?