Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

2 hours ago, DJM said:

Minor news, but former UFC fighter Alexis Dufresne was meant to fight on the card (vs. Amber Leibrock), but the fight has been scrapped after Dufresne missed weight by an undisclosed amount (apparently 10lbs). She has now missed weight five times in a row.

How in the fuck do you miss weight by that much, these women should barely be cutting 10lbs if they are in shape, certainly not missing by that much.

Jones used to get shit on for "being too big for his division" but he was barely cutting 20lbs, he was just tall and the body weight %. Wasn't that high, all the big LHW's aren't cutting 20% of their body weight but Flyweights are if they are cutting 20lbs.

• Paid Members

Probably common knowledge now but haven't seen it posted yet. The bracket for the Heavyweight Tournament is out. 

First round looks like this;

Chael Sonnen vs Rampage Jackson (January 20th) 

Roy Nelson vs Matt Mitrione (February 16th) 

Fedor Emelianenko vs Frank Mir (April) 

Ryan Bader vs Mo Lawal (May) 

Winner of Chael/Rampage fights the winner of Fedor/Mir. So of course the winners of the other two fights will face off. 

I'm liking these matchups. Although I'd have just gone with Fedor vs Rampage in the first round, but whatever. 

Get ready for a load of Rampage moaning about fighting 'boring ass leg humping wrestlers' though. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I just tune Rampage out whenever I hear him in anything these days. He'll come in way bigger than Chael though so it'll be interesting to see if that makes any difference, as if they were weighing in at 205 I think Chael leg humps him all the way to a unanimous decision. 

It seems a little strange matching up the winner of the January fight with the winner of the April fight, rather than the fight closest to it. Though I guess they really are in no rush for the winner to actually be crowned, and the chances of an alternate not being needed at some point are incredibly slim.

The LHW title must be on ice then for a while I'm guessing?

• Paid Members

Has Davis ever fought Bader? I have this feeling that if they did, the clash of their respective boredom fields would warp the laws of entertainment reality and make it the most thrilling fight of all time.

• Paid Members

Davis fought Bader twice. Including this year on Bellator's MSG show in June. The fact you had to ask if they've ever fought speaks volumes about how shit and forgettable that fight was. And the first fight in the UFC wasn't really any better, the only saving grace was that it was only 3 dull rounds in the UFC rather than the 5 abysmal ones in Bellator. 

15 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Michael Macdonald headlines

I Keep Forgetting about him, I think he'll get his Sweet Freedom and go UFC to become the best of all time.  I think I'm On My Own with that though, it's What A Fool Believes. Until then, BAMMA Be There.

Don't take it to heart If he leaves Bellator there's No Lookin' Back. The UFCs doors are Wide Open for him to come back. In the Blink of an Eye he'll be on a Fight Night. A few big wins, If that's what it takes, he'll be In the Spirit. Just has to wait Minute by Minute and don't make it a blue obsession for himself. His UFC comeback could be in Motown. Whatever we imagine there's every changing times in the MMA world.