Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Is Rosey Sexton still fighting? I know they have a women's flyweight division and she seemed a little small for the bantamweights in the UFC plus I think they are trying to build up that Russian girl who was 2-0 fighting a girl who was 0-0 on a main card.

Nah, she retired after she was cut from the UFC.

• Paid Members

Rosi Sexton actually fought once more after being released by the UFC. She fought in Cage Warriors in 2014, lost to some woman called Joanna Jedrzejczyk and then retired after the fight.

SZ5C.jpg

That was the fight that got Double J in the UFC as well, actually.

Well Benson Henderson better move back down to lightweight, he was dwarfed and just got kicked apart for 5 rounds, he couldn't get near Koreshkov with either strikes or takedown attempts. Koreshkov was very impressive and I think he would do a lot better against Askren now but who knows, doesn't look like he will fight a wrestler for a while and see him doing a Nick Diaz in Strike force, beat Cyborg & Daley.

I can see them try and build him up as an Ivan Drago style man of few words destroyer.

Caught the Pitbull sub but missed most of the fight and I'm sure they will put the card on catch up to see the rest of the card.

• Paid Members

In fairness, though, Henderson might be forgiven for thinking he was fine for WW - he'd beaten a previously-unknown quantity in a physically much bigger Brandon Thatch, and beat Jorge Masvidal in his last match. When you take into account that the general consensus is that the level of talent is higher in the UFC than in Bellator, it wasn't unreasonable for him to assume that he'd be able to continue his undefeated streak in Bellator.

Either way, though, he should drop back to LW - I reckon he could still become champ in Bellator. He's only got a certain amount of time before his self-imposed time limit of 3 years and 11 months, at which point he takes another step on his road to becoming an even more insufferable prick and joining the US military.

• Paid Members

Benson seriously needs to go back to 155. I admire the fact that he probably liked the challenge and the lack of weight cut was appealing but there's been a few examples recently of why guys need to fight at their optimum weight class, none more than this. Benson is clearly able to win fights at 170 but when a guy is able to shut down your attacks and use his natural size to his advantage he's pretty much fighting a massive uphill battle. It felt like a mis-match, Koreshkov was awesome, i actually felt sorry for Benson at times because it felt like it was a matter of time before he got knocked out, he was taking some harsh punishment, it's a credit to him that he stayed in there.

Bit of a blow for Bellator in some regards, their big money guy has been destroyed in his first fight, on the other hand it legitiamizes Koreshkov and let a big audience see that that's got a beast of a champion...someone else mentioned it, but i'd fancy Koreshkov against Askren in that form.

Elsewhere, Michael Page did it again. Jeremie Holloway came out looking to win but he rushing Michael Page is just craziness, that right hand is a piston. The actual finish was a bit of a shock, Page has some tricks on the ground. He's fighting Fernando Gonzales in London now.

Cyborg Santos!! the time off and short retirement seems to have done him good. I thought this was would be a crazy, short war but Ward made the mistake of shooting for a takedown and got heel-hooked. Be careful what you ask for and all that...

• Paid Members

Not so strange if they're only doing one show in the UK - they probably realise their fanbase is minute compared to the UFC's, and that their best chance of filling the arena is by appealing to as many hardcores and enthusiasts as they can across the UK, as they're more likely than casuals to travel.