Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

Anybody have any ideas how this is selling? You can get tickets in any section you want so I assume not well. I have thought about going just for a laugh, part of the fun was to see Kimbo Slice. I will wait and see if the show happens and may buy some seats assuming that they will have to heavily paper the event or curtain off higher tiers and moving people to better seats even if you got cheap seats. With Kimbo's death and one of the headliners pulling out the show seems buggered.

1fa32169723741758e2a287d5b00ba40.png

This is from AXS there official ticket re-sales site. The colored areas you can still get tickets. 

They've either sold a lot of the 2nd tier from the top tickets, or they've taken the majority of them off sales due to going poorly and potentially are going with the idea of shifting everyone down a level should ticket sales continue to do poor. 

Re-sellers have been fucked to - Tickets cageside (or more or less around the area) are £250 a ticket through retail. They're going for £180 on Stubhub. If this goes ahead as planned I'll be slightly gutted I'm away, I reckon you'll be able to get a decent ticket free or probably on the floor for less than £50.

Edited by seanz25

reading Twitter, there's reports that Bellator are trying to get Kimbo's son, Kevin Jr. to replace his dad in London...they surely aint trying to set this up already?!

I read that, I would have thought they would have wanted to build the fight on behalf of this dad up saying this is what my Dad showed me and he would of beat you again. Apparently Bellator have confirmed the show is going ahead.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

1fa32169723741758e2a287d5b00ba40.png

This is from AXS there official ticket re-sales site. The colored areas you can still get tickets.

They've either sold a lot of the 2nd tier from the top tickets, or they've taken the majority of them off sales due to going poorly and potentially are going with the idea of shifting everyone down a level should ticket sales continue to do poor.

Re-sellers have been fucked to - Tickets cageside (or more or less around the area) are £250 a ticket through retail. They're going for £180 on Stubhub. If this goes ahead as planned I'll be slightly gutted I'm away, I reckon you'll be able to get a decent ticket free or probably on the floor for less than £50.

I imagine they'll be dishing out tickets like its nobodys business at the Senei. I'm glad it's going ahead though.

Tito's not gonna do numbers for this sadly either though. It's a real shame in a respect that Bellator just don't have one major star in the publics eye over here, the brand name doesn't sell anywhere near like the UFC's either.

Tito's not gonna do numbers for this sadly either though. It's a real shame in a respect that Bellator just don't have one major star in the publics eye over here, the brand name doesn't sell anywhere near like the UFC's either.

It will not sell big numbers, but they could sell some more tickets. If they give tickets away they will at least have to have some sort of name so people who see it take notice. Some people may be intrigued to see old stars and it could look good if there is a good undercard. UFC pay better so can have big name main events every month, UFC was how many 1st saw MMA. To be honest a bigger draw for myself would have been Lashley, but I know he would not sell to many others.

Edited by westlondonmist

They were never going to do huge numbers anyway. I was confused as to why they were doing the UK event to begin with, especially considering the fact that they've not even really cracked their home market yet.

• Paid Members

They were never going to do huge numbers anyway. I was confused as to why they were doing the UK event to begin with, especially considering the fact that they've not even really cracked their home market yet.

Agree with that, but would've understood it more if they'd picked a better sized venue. The O2 was always going to be too big for them.

• Paid Members

Im sorry to sound like a broken record, but the o2 was likely chosen because its part of the Senei weekend. The weigh-in, meet & greets whatever will all be taking place at the Senei event that is held at the o2 the same weekend. Its a smart piece of marketing, its a shame the card is falling to bits.

what's Ian Freeman doing? ;)

He's tied up with KSW in Poland isn't he? Swear I posted a clip of his most recent fight were his little kid had the pleasure of sitting cageside watching his dad's head bounce of the canvas.

Im sorry to sound like a broken record, but the o2 was likely chosen because its part of the Senei weekend. The weigh-in, meet & greets whatever will all be taking place at the Senei event that is held at the o2 the same weekend. Its a smart piece of marketing, its a shame the card is falling to bits.

Yeah I remember this coming up in a thread, although I still stand by my suggestion of the excel centre being a better fit for both. The problem I personally think more than anything is that tickets are so over-priced for it. They've done some ok marketing to give them credit, posters and TV. Nothing real crazy but it's a start. When people find the cheapest ticket to see Kimbo and Alex Reid is about £50 they're probably gonna give it a miss.