Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah that is shit. Of all the fights to lose, why couldn't it be boring arse Kongo instead?

Still, Rory vs Semtex on its own would still guarantee me tuning in though. Then you add McGeary and Kimbo's son. It's still a quality card. 

• Paid Members
On 5/11/2017 at 6:16 AM, Egg Shen said:

This poxy sport...

MVP/Anderson is off due to an MVP knee injury.

Oh FFS! I've got a ticket for this and I'm gutted by that loss to the card.

SHIT!

• Paid Members

MVP has a tendency of pulling out. Semtex has come out and said that he always seems to get injured when matched up against a tough opponent. Likely a bit of head games but there may be a pattern emerging.

• Paid Members

I'm not as arsed about MVP as most. Don't get me wrong he's clearly got skills but I don't think he's anywhere near as good as he thinks he is and I can see him being found out badly in the not too distant future. If it wasn't for all the taunting and silly shit he does between his attacks I don't think he'd have half the hype he does. And he won't be getting away with that against the likes of Lima, Daley, Rory and so on. 

They aren't putting Kimbos son on this card the channel 5 portion surely? he's had 1 fight that he lost and his opponent has never fought as a pro. McGeary-Vassell is a legit domestic scrap with 2 decent fighters and the main is great for a UK card.

Probably an hour delay, don't think Channel 5 have ever shown MMA live, it's always been delayed a bit.

The plan was for 2 Spike fights then 3 Channel 5 fights, the actual undercard is like their American shows, usually guys on $1000-$3000 who sell tickets, so they are no name guys. That can really step up from what I've seen.

Also unlike the UFC Main Events that aren't title fights are only 3 rounds.

Edited by the_mole

• Paid Members

any thoughts on Daley/MacDonald?

i can't see Rory even entertaining the thought of getting into another Robbie Lawler-esque war so i see him attempting to drag this to the ground. Would be a tad disappointing if Daley is dominated like that but that's how i see it going.

• Paid Members

With Dana White no longer in quite the same level of power as previously in the UFC under the new owners, what do we reckon are the chances of Daley getting another shot in the UFC at some stage? Obviously I'm saying if he beats Rory, and gets on a bit of a run. 

The Koscheck incident was what, 7 years ago (?) now, and I'd love to see him get another run (although he's been fun to watch in Bellator, and I'm sure will continue to be) down the line.