Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

Bellator MMA * General News Thread

Barnett messing around with Billy Robinson years ago:

I don't just like Barnett because he trained with Robinson, but it's certainly one of the main reasons. 

Edited by jimufctna24

There’s nobody in MMA with quite the background Barnett has. He’s a really interesting guy. The catch wrestling background, the controversies with PEDs, the fact he’s fought fucking everywhere from the UFC to Pride, Strikeforce, Affliction, K-1 MMA, Pancrase, Sengoku, DREAM and Bellator soon to be added to the list. Competed in the ADCCs, submitted Dean Lister in Metamoris. Then there’s the pro wrestling, the fact he speaks different languages and is a massive video game geek, has been in a movie with Steven Seagal. He’s got quite the CV.

I wish he was around MMA more over the last few years. I know he’s got this Bellator fight coming up but I mean, even in commentating somewhere or more podcast appearances or something. He seems to like to do his own thing and just disappear off the grid for periods. I’d recommend giving his appearances on Rogan’s podcast a go if you haven’t already. Really interesting guy to listen to.

Have a drink with him. 

On 2/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, wandshogun09 said:

There’s nobody in MMA with quite the background Barnett has. He’s a really interesting guy. The catch wrestling background, the controversies with PEDs, the fact he’s fought fucking everywhere from the UFC to Pride, Strikeforce, Affliction, K-1 MMA, Pancrase, Sengoku, DREAM and Bellator soon to be added to the list. Competed in the ADCCs, submitted Dean Lister in Metamoris. Then there’s the pro wrestling, the fact he speaks different languages and is a massive video game geek, has been in a movie with Steven Seagal. He’s got quite the CV.

I wish he was around MMA more over the last few years. I know he’s got this Bellator fight coming up but I mean, even in commentating somewhere or more podcast appearances or something. He seems to like to do his own thing and just disappear off the grid for periods. I’d recommend giving his appearances on Rogan’s podcast a go if you haven’t already. Really interesting guy to listen to.

Have a drink with him. 

Perfectly highlights what is great about Barnett for me. Along with being a fun and unique fighter he is impossible to pigeon hole.

Yeah he loves classic cars and metal and uses the nickname the Warmaster but he also enjoys  anime, comics and magic the gathering.

Edited by ElCece

And smashing Frank Mir’s face in. Don’t forget smashing Frank Mir’s face in. Smashing Frank Mir’s face in is the best one. 

I always remember in a interview in the lead up to that fight being asking about why he thought he would beat Mir and his "simply he is only Frank Mir and I'm John Barnett" will always stick with me. 

14 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

And smashing Frank Mir’s face in. Don’t forget smashing Frank Mir’s face in. Smashing Frank Mir’s face in is the best one. 

Barnett was also partially responsible for this beating. He trained with Freeman in the build-up.

022516-UFC-Ian-Freeman-pi-ssm.jpg

3 hours ago, ElCece said:

I always remember in a interview in the lead up to that fight being asking about why he thought he would beat Mir and his "simply he is only Frank Mir and I'm John Barnett" will always stick with me. 

John 🤔

Barnett's resume and career is insane when you break it down, just and insane career of highs and lows. There's a hell of a book coming at the end of it.