TUF 23 * Team Joanna vs. Team Claudia * Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

Don't see how it could possibly be argued for Gadelha to be honest. Thought every round was pretty clear - 1 and 2 for Gadelha and 3, 4 and 5 for Jedrezjczyk. The only question is whether 4 was a 10-8 or not.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Only just got around to watching the finale. Already knew Jedrzejczyk won going in as I'd accidentally seen the result.

Loved Jedrzejczyk vs Gadelha 2! That was probably my favourite fight of the whole weekend actually. Either this or Jouban vs Muhammad from Thursday's RDA vs Alvarez show.

I'd read it was close and it really was. All hinges on how you scored round 3 for me. I had JJ just nicking it, barely, but I could see why someone would score it for Claudia. Certainly wouldn't call it a robbery as, even though I had Joanna winning, I could see the case for scoring 3 rounds for either her or Gadelha. Great fight though either way.

Jedrzejczyk is probably my favourite striker to watch in all of MMA at the moment. It's not even like she's got massive power or anything. She just makes up for it with speed, accuracy, unpredictability, fluidity and relentlessness. Her combinations are wicked as well. It sounds callous but it's so much fun to watch her just break down her opponent as the fight goes on.

Didn't know anything about the TUF finalists but thought the fights were decent. That Tatiana looked good in the women's final, very impressive.

Really enjoyed Brooks vs Pearson. Good win for Brooks on his debut and I liked him calling out Alvarez. He won't be getting a title shot yet, of course, but why not aim for the top? Gutted seeing Pearson lose. He fought well though, loved the last round from him. Just wasn't enough in the end. Wouldn't mind seeing Brooks fight Joe Lauzon next.

I love this Doo Ho Choi bloke. The Korean Superboy! Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing. He looks about 12 but he won't think twice about knocking your neck in. Can't wait to see him in there again.

Don't see how it could possibly be argued for Gadelha to be honest. Thought every round was pretty clear - 1 and 2 for Gadelha and 3, 4 and 5 for Jedrezjczyk. The only question is whether 4 was a 10-8 or not.

Of course it could. Round three was terribly close in a lot of people's opinions. It certainly wasn't a robbery, but it could easily have went the other way.

• Paid Members

The Korean Superboy was my MVP for the whole weekend, what a guy!

I thought Joanna won convincingly enough, Gadelha needs to work on her cardio though, she's got the beating of Joanna, in those last 3 rounds though she just looked like she was about to drop dead.

• Paid Members

Yeah, officially Jedrzejczyk is 2-0 but I have them 1-1 and I'm sure there are plenty of people who scored both fights differently. They could easily do another fight based on how close the first two were. Kind of like the Pacquiao vs Marquez series. It took Marquez four tries to beat Pacquiao but all their previous three fights were mega close (actually I thought Marquez WAS robbed in the third fight). I'd have no problem with Jedrzejczyk vs Gadelha 3 down the like if JJ keeps winning and Claudia rebounds impressively.

• Paid Members

Quick question: why do people call her "Joanna Champion"? I know she's the champion, but nobody ever said "Ronda Champion" or "Miesha Champion", so I'm wondering what's behind it. Is it a quote from her or her mates?

• Paid Members

Quick question: why do people call her "Joanna Champion"? I know she's the champion, but nobody ever said "Ronda Champion" or "Miesha Champion", so I'm wondering what's behind it. Is it a quote from her or her mates?

Doesn't it come from the MMA Hour? I'm sure she called herself it on that show and then Ariel kept using it until it stuck.

Archived