Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

Youtube cool finds thread

While looking for old Oleg fights these popped straight up, 3 pre-UFC matches from 1993.

Nice find. Literally just seen you mention Oleg in that other thread in On Topic and thought to myself that he’s gone vastly underappreciated in here. Sadly, almost all my memories of Oleg are of him getting battered though. The beatdown from Severn, the upkick KO from Renzo and the time Gary Goodridge punched him into dust in Pride. 

C2002933-8E12-481F-8B63-8E9BAE54D36D.gif

I'm not sure if this has been posted already but those crazy Russians are at it again. 

Seems to be a four-man team, gauntlet style fight in a weird long ring. Kind of kickboxing rules with no grappling or clinching. Interesting to say the least.

Was reminded of James Thompson in PRIDE today and his hilarious fight against Alexander Emelianenko. In reading his wiki page I find out he had a fight with UFC ref Marc Goddard. 

Very amateur fight, the groundwork is appalling, just mounting with no defense and just terrible escapes. You'll also want to catch two of the dodgiest armbars you'll ever see from Goddard, the second one I guess he claims Thompson tapped to but I have no idea why he would've given his elbow being so far out.

I posted that in the 'today i found out' thread a couple of months ago i think. Thompson actually fought Goddard twice and beat him him in under a minute both times. That youtube channel is full of crazy old UK MMA.

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

Thompson actually fought Goddard twice and beat him him in under a minute both times.

Nah first fight went into the second round - its the vid I posted. Second fight Thompson totally lamps Goddard.

ahh yeah, you are right. James Thompson is a nut. He was scheduled to be fighting a couple of months ago before the Corona thing too.