Sign in to follow this  
Moo

Welcome to the MMA Forum

Separate thread for each smaller promotion sounds sensible. Try it out see how it works.. And you could still have a separate thread for a big card if it warrants it. The idea should be to make discussion both as accessible and organised as possible.

yeh that's what i was thinking, perhaps have a Bellator thread for example but bust out a seperate thread for a show like the UK one in July.

Nae. We need a contrarian like David. He has a canny ability to expose our own bollocks (sometimes). Or, at the very least, create a 5 page argument that goes nowhere.

Good idea this. Whoever decided to act.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Agreed about David. I enjoy his contributions as they help keep up the standard of debate.

I don't need anyone's help in exposing my bollocks though, as the London Met will testify.

On a serious note can we get the boxing thread moved over here from the off-topic?

Makes sense to IMO.

On a serious note can we get the boxing thread moved over here from the off-topic?

Makes sense to IMO.

But Boxing isn't MMA. 

Makes sense to IMO.

No thanks - it's not MMA.

Makes sense to IMO.

No thanks - it's not MMA.

A general sports forum was discussed but it's not happening. This is MMA only.

i'd have no problem with the boxing thread coming here, a combat sports things would be cool (like i assume kickbocing will come in here), it all ties together, but it doesn't really matter.

I won't have a bad word said about David. He may drive me nuts on the odd occasion, but I love the guy.

Yeah, David's alright. Plus he's been a regular for years, and can take a joke.

Makes sense to IMO.

But Boxing isn't MMA. 

Boxing's a form of martial-art though. Personally think it'd suit being in here far more than lost in the off-topic.

Edited by seanz25

I'd like the Boxing thread moved. Purely for selfish reasons. The only thing I'd say to support it being moved, is that the main posters in the boxing thread tend to post in the MMA threads.

Butch's NHB thread should probably make the move as well.

Makes sense to IMO.

But Boxing isn't MMA.

Boxing's a form of martial-art though. Personally think it'd suit being in here far more than lost in the off-topic.

MMA is MMA. Boxing is boxing.

The forum would have to be renamed combat sports forum.

I know what you're saying that boxing is closer to MMA than whatever is in the off topic forum, but if you start there then football comes into question since its a sport.

There were mentions of a sport forum, but it was decided this place was only for mma.

I'm sure there are boxing fans who aren't interested in MMA who post in that thread too.