Things you got rid of which are now worth £££

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

After a google i'm not even sure mine was a proper transformer. It was a yellow, in parts transparent wasp that turned into a robot. But it had no stripes. Fuck knows.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Collectors are notoriously fickle when it comes to things too so like it's been said things must be in mint/near mint to attract the real big bucks. Plus the more mass market stuff doesn't have much if little value. It's the super rare/obsure things which you wouldn't think would be worth anything (like rare Rock LPs by obscure bands for example) which collectors hunt for because of their scarcity. Surprisingly some horror VHS which are underrated and not on DVD attract interest because of their rarity. The market for Retro games is on the up but again it's the rarer games which most collectors don't have which are more likely to be worth a lot. Series 11 and the mail away Hasbro WWF figures are worth quite a bit and iirc they only got a limited UK release. Dusty Hasbro is fairly rare too because it was only produced for a short time before Dusty went back to JCP/WCW.

Stuff gutted Ive lost. A mint, but not carded G1 Transformers Bludgeon :( Most of my Star Wars stuff, as had some batshit rare stuff, which of course my folks sold at carboot whilst growing up for about 3p, the bastards. Aside from that have a minty mint Unicron and some of the commemorative reissues which are starting to pick up

Had a real heart in my mouth moment when the storage guys 'lost' most of my retro collection, ya know all 8k's worth of it. thankfully its all been accounted for after mysteriously reappearing after contacting the police.. strange that

We're currently in the process of moving house and I found a box full of video games from older consoles that I don't play anymore. Turns out I have a fully boxed PAL version of Secret of Mana on SNES, complete with manual, map and inner tray, all in mint condition. I bought this in a bargain bin for £7, turns out it's now worth close to £150.

I also have Suikoden 2 on PS1 mint condition. Again, bought in a bargain bin for a tenner. It's now worth around £120.

Not life changing amounts of money, but I'm glad I hoarded my old stuff now. Not sure if I'm gonna sell either of them though as I know I'll never be able to buy them again. Then again, I doubt I'll play them either.

• Paid Members

[Peter Kay]Remember the Nat West pigs?[/Peter Kay]

I had two full sets. Worth a couple of hundred at least now. Mam gave them away in the 90s. Along with my mint Star Wars figures and play-sets (I had an Ewok treehouse!), matchbox cars, etc. None of it worth earth shattering money but enough combined to pay for a decent holiday!

I also had tons of Lego and Subbuteo. All mint, all always put back in the boxes. Then me two cunts of brothers came along and either broke it, lost it or, in the case of the Lego, mixed it all up and ruined the boxes.

Was looking into getting my Brother a Super Cup Football for his birthday last year. £35 they go for. Mine was mint. Bastard.

Its a case of where to start for me!

Transformers generation 1 figures along with a good sized collection of the comics - they go for a decent amount, although slightly less these days as they are available on Ereaders and the like.

I am also into my retro gaming magazines, I still have my Total! Nintendo Magazines, along with some Edge magazines from the 1990's but I am gutted I got rid of my Sega Mega magazine collection as they are far to expensive to replace. Ultimate Future Games Magazine is another magazine that I had but, got rid off and very rarely do you see them pop up on eBay.

I had a few of those Happy Meal food toys that transformed. I think they may be still at my Mum and Dads.

I had every issue of this and, yep, threw them away. Couple of years ago I tried to do some research and I couldn't find anything, the internets has no record of it it seems 

Just panicked as I remembered something I sold. Bought a Japanese import of Massive Attack Unfinished Sympathy CD single for £8 in about 1998. Sold it for £25 about 2 years later. Now going for just under $70. Does anyone know any good music collector websites?

I'm curious about my vinyl now :(

• Paid Members

Only VHS tapes that *might* be worth something are those big VHS boxes you'd see in the rental shop. "Nightmare on Elm Street" big rental box releases generally go for £20-40 each. Small cased tapes generally go for fuck all.

Archived