Mauro Ranallo - The Voice Of Smackdown

David

He's been alright in WWE so far, something a bit different, and he seems a nice guy. That said, I'm not a fan of his boxing commentary. His enthusiasm is a bit of a novelty for a while, as is his occasional wrestling references, but then it takes him about two seconds to go in to overkill with whatever angle he decides to push for a certain fight - he'll mention Mexico v Puerto Rico about a thousand times whenever two fighters from those countries go against each other, and how every fight at the StubHub/HomeDepot Center is a 'Fight of the Year candidate'.

• Paid Members

I find him really OTT, annoying, and cheesy. Most of the time it sounds like he's doing an impression of a commentator. As if that's not his real voice.

Listening to his podcast this week because Frank Shamrock was on it, and in the space of 5 mins he made 2 really lame comments.
"How appropriate it is, that for Prince's death, it's raining outside right now!!"
and

"How ironic it is that McGregor puts his career on ice, when in Iceland".

Fucking lame. And the Prince comment doesn't even make any sense unless the rain was purple.

• Paid Members

I like him, people go overboard on the criticism and people go overboard saying he's the best thing ever and should be on all the shows.

He's just a perfectly adequate wrestling commentator with a unique style.

• Paid Members

I can imagine Ranallo to be an accquited taste but he's probably my favorite announcer in any combat sport, his boxing work on Showtime is stella. OTT, but he brings so much energy to the game. The Showtime boxing team overall is just outstanding. Not really heard much of Ranallo's WWE stuff but i like what i've heard.

• Paid Members

Most of the time it sounds like he's doing an impression of a commentator. As if that's not his real voice.

I definitely get this, but to be honest I like that he sounds like a commentator, whether it's natural or not. It's infinitely preferable to me than the string of completely indistinguishable and forgettable TV presenter voices they have tried over the years like Saxton, Korpela, Grisham, Stanford etc.

• Paid Members

Most of the time it sounds like he's doing an impression of a commentator. As if that's not his real voice.

I definitely get this, but to be honest I like that he sounds like a commentator, whether it's natural or not. It's infinitely preferable to me than the string of completely indistinguishable and forgettable TV presenter voices they have tried over the years like Saxton, Korpela, Grisham, Stanford etc.

Oh, he's probably the best in WWE, but that's not much to write home about. I'm more referring to MMA, his Podcast, show intros, interviews, etc.

It's the cheesy puns & lame references that are the most annoying.

Archived