UFC 200: Cormier vs Silva | Lesnar vs Hunt

seanz25

Who wins & how?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm all for the rematch, but the shit thing is about that apparent story is that it's at welterweight? This achieves nothing in their respective divisions. If it were at 155llbs I say bring it on as they would both then be viable options for RDA.

I was just about to post this Lamby. It should be at 155lbs

McGregor vs Diaz 2 is a money fight. Probably bigger than McGregor vs Aldo 2, or McGregor vs Edgar. I can see why they want to do it again. Selfishly, I would love to see McGregor set the record straight. Whether he can or not, is a separate debate. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Rashad Evans mentioned several things during the MMA hour, and whilst most of it was garbage, he said that not cutting weight can sometimes be a bad thing. It sets a fighter into a certain mind frame and keeps their preparation to a strict level. With Mcgregor, look at the intensity during fight week, and especially look at him on the scales. Now forget the fact he looked like death at 145, he looked intense as hell and his mindset seems almost like an insane warrior throughout fight week and on the scales. Now cut to his face on the scales at 170 and he's all smiles. The intensity wasn't there and this was probably carried into the fight and throughout his preparation in the lead up to the fight. 

At 155llb he still needs to cut some weight, and I think this process is what keeps him in check.

Doesn't bother me who wins now Connor loves hookers and coke :p

You rascal.

If it is McGregor vs Diaz 2, I do wonder where that leaves the Featherweight division. Will they keep McGregor as Champion, or allow Aldo and Edgar to fight for the vacant belt? I assume the former. At least then, if McGregor loses twice to Diaz, there will be something for McGregor to fall back on. 

I've got far more interest in McGregor/Edgar than a recent rematch of a fight that had a conclusive finish.

From a purist's perspective - McGregor vs Edgar is indeed very interesting. If that's all you care about - I can see why it would interest you more. 

However, McGregor vs Edgar lacks as a spectacle. While McGregor brings the party wherever he goes - any build-up involving Frankie Edgar is going to be lacking. When you look at the complete package, McGregor vs Diaz 2 is far more captivating. Given the outcome of the first fight and Diaz's animated character, it is a sure-fire hit, and worthy of such a massive occasion. 

• Paid Members

I actually love the idea of this rematch. A focused no-bullshit McGregor comes back to avenge the biggest loss of his career - and now there can be no excuses. And Diaz will be fully trained too. Would prefer 155 though - 170 makes zero sense to me.

• Paid Members

How long can Conor keep ducking Frankie Edgar?

lol - fuck Frankie. The FW title was only defended 3 months ago, FFS - so he needs to calm the fuck down. Aldo has taken 12 month stints off before.

Even if Conors not, the UFC definitely are.

It's not because he has a strong possibility of winning alone, it's that PLUS it's the least valuable of Conors potential fights. If they're going to sacrifice McGregor to the MMA gods, they want top dollar for it one would imagine.

• Paid Members

There is no ducking by anyone here, Daz. It's about money fights - and Frankie is on the list, but 2nd or 3rd right now after Diaz + maybe Aldo. Conor decides who he fights - UFC need to agree, but he makes the call. You don't think the hardest fight possible for McGregor is to a guy he just lost to? So where's the "ducking" exactly?

I get what Daz means. The UFC probably pitched Conor the Diaz rematch first, as that is the fight that benefits them most. The Edgar fight is being avoided, as from a business perspective, it doesn't really benefit anyone if Edgar wins (barring Edgar and his associates of course)

I doubt Conor's is ducking anyone though. The guy has proven not to be the type. 

• Paid Members

The Diaz rematch is the absolute opposite of McGregor ducking someone. He's choosing to fight a guy who's already beaten him, who's proven himself to have an excellent ability to take his punch, who's incredibly skilled at Conor's biggest weakness on the ground. If UFC wanted to protect him then this is the last fight they'd want to do. Particularly if they do it at 170 again, a weight that is obviously too big for Conor to keep the speed and power he had at 145.

What Conor, wants Conor gets. It couldn't have been timed better. I suggest they might let him have the rematch and then it's announced that fight is in the works a few hours later.

Archived