Cartoons - What do you watch?

Mr.E

I'm still big into my cartoons.

Whilst we all still watch the classics like Tom & Jerry (It never gets old does it?) and the such like, what does everybody watch in terms of new stuff?

I'm big into Regular Show, and have warmed up to Adventure Time, although I still maintain when it started off it had little going on other than being insanely silly. The newer episode that give back story are great though.

Barring that, I'd highly recommend Gravity Falls and Steven Universe as well :) Having a 5 year old daughter helps me get away with this still, but I find its one of few things that keeps me laughing these days hah.

Anybody still watching the ole cartoons at all?

I don't really watch modern toons, I did start on the Ninja Turtles series on Nick but haven't tuned in for a while on that, having said that its up on Netflix so might power through what's on there

I tried watching Adventure Time but I couldn't really get into that much

• Paid Members

Great thread, as I've never grown out of cartoons.

Wile E.Coyote & Road Runner and Daffy Duck are my all time favourites and ones that I binge watch if I'm sofa ridden with a cold or something.

Tiny Toons - How I Spent My Vacation is probably in my top ten movies of all time.

Earthworm Jim, The Tick, The Mask and Ren & Stimpy are regularly watched in my house once my missus is out of the room as she fucking hates cartoons and cannot understand how a 36 year old man could gleefully sit and watch them.

Case in point ; When we flew to Australia, I sat and watched Spongebob, Ren & Stimpy and Cow & Chicken in between movies like The Dark Knight, Falling Down and Tropic Thunder. She had a fucking nervo over it! An absolute conniption that caused us to break up in Singapore airport! She was mortified and assumed that the whole of economy class was looking at my screen to see what I was watching.

I watch Regular Show and Adventure Time daily. I have an Adventure Time bracelet, t-shirt and all the Graphic Novels...because of my point blank refusal to accept I'm out of my teenage years...plus my daughter loves those shows too.

Recently, with Emmy Lou nearly three years old, I've been binge watching Fairly Odd Parents, Teen Titans, Doc McStuffins and something that entrances me every morning in Curious George. It's so lovely. The music, the narration...it sends me to work placid to the point I don't really get road rage anymore.

I needed to stop with the road rage though. Two weeks ago, someone cut in front of me on a roundabout and caused me to swerve nearly causing a pile up. At the next set of lights, I got out and dragged him out of his car, frothing at the mouth. Poor cunt was absolutely terrified and I realised I looked like an absolute scrote of a psychopath so I said something had to be done. 

Curious George was it.

Curious George is great, my little one has the 2 movies on DVD, which as you said are just really nice, which does make a change from over the top sillyness.

I'm really big into Regular Show, mainly as everything in it just speaks to me on a personal level. Obscure references to 80's music/movies, the vernacular they use......it's me and my friends in a nutshell hah.

I absolutely love this episode of Regular Show.

It was the first one I ever saw, so it holds dear to me:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3biv92

HA! Yes, this is something me and my mates now say as a greeting, "alllo....GUVNOR" hah. 

the first episode that got me hooked was the coffee episode from, what I think is season 1. The closing line after all that randomness of "Oh....and another thing. YOUR COFFEE SUCKS.......OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!" *as they spin around and walk away*.  Had me in tears hah

if you haven't seen it yet, I'd highly recommend searching out this episode, (this is just a clip), :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL8yM-bZ9bI

They drink a super hot chili drink named "the Mississippi queen". Check the link above for the fall out hah.

• Paid Members

I'm watching shed loads of He-Man at the moment.  Bought my eldest (2) a DVD mainly so I didnt have to suffer through the shite the passes for kids TV these days, he watched it, enjoyed it, but Mrs Matrix swapped the DVD's over and he ended up watching Bing again.  

A few months passed, and my Mum got me a He Man and Battlecat for Christmas.  He saw them on the side and said 'ee-man!' that was all the excuse I needed to pop the DVD back in, so now we watch it at meal times, and via YouTube on the bus ride into nursery.  

My proudest moment as a parent to date, is i'll often do the "I'm Adam, Prince of Eternia and defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull" bit to him.  A few days ago, he goes "This e Cringah, my eeress friend" welled up so I did.  I'm such a great Dad.

I genuinely love the little moral bits at the end of each episode, so far they've tackled such sensitive subjects as adoption, animal cruelty and racism.

We've got the M.A.S.K box set to tackle next and he's started saying 'Funder, funder, fundercats, oooooo!' so I'll be revisiting that shortly too I reckon. 

He ended up watching one of those 80's kids TV theme tune compilations on YouTube yesterday and now i'm gagging to re-watch Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors and Centurions too.  I had an Ace McCloud dress up outfit when I was a kid, right up there with the Karate Kid dojo and Chuck Norris Karate Kommando action figure as best toys i've ever owned.

• Paid Members

Great thread, as I've never grown out of cartoons.

Wile E.Coyote & Road Runner and Daffy Duck are my all time favourites and ones that I binge watch if I'm sofa ridden with a cold or something.

I actually have this art print of every Acme product used by Wile E Coyote in my kitchen

The-Acme-Corporation-Print-2.jpg

Daffy Duck having his beak blown halfway around his head is still one of the greatest things in the world

41421a438164dd5e157795cad502becf.jpg

Yes! Stuff like that always makes me laugh. Like when Tom from Tom/Jerry has something rip his fur off......only to reveal he's wearing long johns underneath :D

Speaking of Tom & Jerry, this tap dancing Fish 100% always makes me laugh:

https://youtu.be/a52UHZJbg_c?t=1m52s

• Paid Members

I actually have this art print of every Acme product used by Wile E Coyote in my kitchen

The-Acme-Corporation-Print-2.jpg

Incredible, Chokey! Absolutely incredible!!!

I want one!

I think I said it on here before, Coyote vs Acme is a hilarious read, it really is!

On Daffy Duck, this is probably the greatest cartoon and showcase of his:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2j6pt1

Archived