WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I'm approaching the end of Silent Hill Shattered Memories on the Wii, having completed both Origins and Homecoming prior to it! It's enjoyable enough, makes great use of the Wii Remote and speaker as a torch and phone repesctivly, but I'm not sure if it's brilliant or slightly dull based on the fact there are no enemies outside of the chase sequences!

That said however, 10/10 for making me use the Wii Remote and nunchuck to push myself along in a wheelchair!

• Paid Members

Currently in the last act of InFamous, taking the Good karma route all the way. It's got a good story and is pretty fun to play, the problems being that it takes a lot of exploration yet without much variety of things to grab (yet they do explain the events setting up the story), and combat is a massive pain in the bum out of necessity - the 'auto-aim' feature is irrelevant to combat and you can't auto-aim on any of the bad guys; to do so would render the game a piece of piss, but without it even the commonest grunts pose a threat due to good accuracy. I might do an Evil playthrough after the story's done, but i've had enough 1:45 sleeps already :D

Well, I just played portal 2 though, both single and multiplayer and loved it. Have Crysis 2 on the go at the moment, although my partner decided he wanted to play it on easy... it set my game to easy too and i continued without noticing to begin with (i thought i'd got better) and now it's just too easy. The story seems fairly good, the graphics are of course top notch as you'd expect from crysis and the gameplay is pretty awesome, you've always got a choice on how you want to play it, i tend to pick enemies off using stealth and such, as opposed to running in with maximum armor.

Other than that, i'm currently playing wow, which has been my game of the past 5 - 6 years, cataclysm has improved a lot about the game and it's still amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Any Minecraft players? Didn't know if there was enough on here to warrant it's own thread where we could talk about adventures and sharing servers.

I've so far resisted the temptation, but when it comes out on the 360 in a few months I'm going to have nowhere to hide. How are you finding it?

• Paid Members
Any Minecraft players? Didn't know if there was enough on here to warrant it's own thread where we could talk about adventures and sharing servers.

I've so far resisted the temptation, but when it comes out on the 360 in a few months I'm going to have nowhere to hide. How are you finding it?

I love it. You have to watch your time on it though, I've lost days playing it. My evenings consist of putting Dyll to bed at 7, sitting down with a ton of crap food infront of Minecraft and before I know it it's 2am :(

I urge you to get it now anyway, for a short time it's only

• Paid Members

I love it. You have to watch your time on it though, I've lost days playing it. My evenings consist of putting Dyll to bed at 7, sitting down with a ton of crap food infront of Minecraft and before I know it it's 2am :(

• Paid Members

• Paid Members

Never had much to do with emulation, but stumbled across an N64 emulator earlier (ProjectN64) so I have been playing WWF No Mercy and WCW/NWO Revenge for a bit after easily finding them. It's great stuff. The FPS seems to drop quite a bit during the game (anyone know how to improve this?) but it's still awesome. So easy to install and run the Roms.

Edited by Mr Stu

Recently did the Co-op storyline in F.E.A.R 3, seemed pretty good albeit a wee bit short, didn't find it all that scary but generally i don't find things scary often, playing as the dude who can possess poeple was sweet though, although it could be annoying at times (when you'd find a good gun, and have no enemies for a while meaning you'd lose the body and gun :(). Battlefield 2 is on the go again since i haven't played it in aaages and the battlefield 3 trailers got me in the mood. That game is still ridiculously good and imo still one of the best multiplayer FPS experiences i've ever had.

Terraria > Minecraft - if you haven't checked it out, you should - it's a lot more action adventure based, less focused on the building and more on the combat, there're bosses to fight, events to make happen etc it's really quite fun for a while.

NBA 2K11.

It's just glorious.

It's the best sports game ever made, I've played it non stop for the past 2 months now and I'm still not bored of it, the presentation, the commentary, the game modes, my player, Michael Fucking Jordan Challenge mode. I seriously can't wait for 12 in October, but I'll be playing this until the day the new one drops. If there's any sports fans out there bored with FIFA or just want a new game to play for a month or two, I cannot recommend this highly enough. <3

• Paid Members
Terraria > Minecraft - if you haven't checked it out, you should - it's a lot more action adventure based, less focused on the building and more on the combat, there're bosses to fight, events to make happen etc it's really quite fun for a while.

I think it depends on what you want out of the game. I'm happy creating my own world that I can venture around in avoiding dickhead creepers. Terraria is really Minecraft 2D with extra challengey gamey bits. Not for me, but I agree it's worth checking out.

Just had a complete twat moment on Minecraft. You know when you're pissing about and you end up getting thoroughly what you deserve? Yeah that.

Creeper fell down into quite a deep cave, straight drop from the ledge so I go over to point fun at it.

"awww look at the widdle cweepers fallen down the hoooooooole!" (yes I actualy said this out loud to myself)

Oh wait...there's more than one!.....there's....at least 8!? It as hard to count.

I mock them some more and decide to take a screen cap of this great event and in positioning myself to get a good angle of the little cunts I fell in.

:(

I'm actually a bit traumatised.

NBA 2K11.

It's just glorious.

It's the best sports game ever made, I've played it non stop for the past 2 months now and I'm still not bored of it, the presentation, the commentary, the game modes, my player, Michael Fucking Jordan Challenge mode. I seriously can't wait for 12 in October, but I'll be playing this until the day the new one drops. If there's any sports fans out there bored with FIFA or just want a new game to play for a month or two, I cannot recommend this highly enough. <3

It is very good but I must admit that so far I've only played one proper match (the one at the start with Jordan's Bulls, which I won with a last second buzzer beating three) as I've mostly been addicted to the my player mode. Currently halfway through my first season. Was drafted in the second round by the Knicks and I'm now their starting point guard and look like an early favourite for rookie of the year. The only thing I wish is that my team mates were better at scoring as I rarely get more than a couple of assists as they miss most of the open jumpers I give them.

NBA 2K11.

It's just glorious.

It is very good but I must admit that so far I've only played one proper match (the one at the start with Jordan's Bulls, which I won with a last second buzzer beating three) as I've mostly been addicted to the my player mode. Currently halfway through my first season. Was drafted in the second round by the Knicks and I'm now their starting point guard and look like an early favourite for rookie of the year. The only thing I wish is that my team mates were better at scoring as I rarely get more than a couple of assists as they miss most of the open jumpers I give them.

Yeah the skill level of your AI team mates is something that is going to be improved in 2k12, it is the one thing that needs sorting. I do enjoy My player mode but I'm not very good at it, as where I play Association mode on Hall Of Fame Difficulty, I really struggle on Pro Difficulty on My Player, i just find it really hard to be defensively good. I ended up going in the 2nd round as a Centre for the Pacers, I broke in to the team eventually but lost my place again after about 10 games. Problem is, whilst I regularly put up 20-30 points per game, my match up also drops the same amount of points on me :( and I end up with a lousy C- at best. It's frustrating to say the least as I want to be really good at this mode, but I'm more than happy with the other game modes to keep me going, completing the Jordan challenge was immensely satisfying and great fun. Oh and Patrick Ewing is a dirty bastard.