WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

Yeah fuck the camp but if you are pushed for time just go hunting, by far my favourite thing to do in the entire game. Think of cores as like your power ups, it'll enhance you if you keep them maintained but you can skate by without too much maintenance.

If you can muddle through to about chapter 3 I think you can pretty much do whatever the game has to offer without having to advance the story.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had three missed calls in three minutes from my 60 year old father a few years ago. He never calls so thought something awful had happened. I phoned back, and he answered with “Thanks for calling ba

Excuse my indulgence for a minute. This is more WHAT PLAY HER but my daughter has become a complete Minecraft convert this year. Blocks away for at least 30 mins a day. She has about a dozen worlds on

I’ve mentioned this before but my Dad is obsessed with the farming game, he’s got 500+hour saves on each game since 2015. He’s so protective over it as well, the Grandkids aren’t allowed anywhere near

Posted Images

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Like with the Resi 2 remake, 3 didn't match up to the original for me but I'm still happy it exists. The originals aren't going anywhere, I'll still happily play them often, having a modern reimagining going into the rotation can't hurt. 3 actually really stands out by being so different from its original, it was a cracking 5-ish hour action game with no fat, and probably now my favourite woman protagonist in a game with the new Jill, who puts the boring new Claire, Leon and the now aidsy, anorexic and on hunger-strike Chris Redfield to shame. Can see me replaying it pretty often.

It saddens me how much of a weed the new Nemesis is, though. Couldn't even kill *I've forgot how to spoiler* this time!

Edited by CleetusVanDamme
  • Paid Members

Managed to get Mastery Level 1 on the Great Western Express stuff tonight. Don't know whether to crack on with the rest of the timetables and scenarios for that particular set, or try some of the Long Island Rail Road stuff for a bit of a change then come back to it.

I also did the fishing tournament today on Animal Crossing, but didn't craft enough bait, so only caught 3 middling fish. I may stock up on Manila Clams ahead of the next one, especially as bags of bait stack to 10 in your inventory. I've got an assload of hardwood to get rid of. I'm just keeping my eye on what the next hot items may be at Nook's Cranny.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

@jazzygeofferz Never seen the train sim game but if you can drive west from Reading, about four or five stops down, you’ll get to Thatcham, my home town! When you pass through think of me at the crossing where I’ve been sat for the last twenty minutes! 

Edited by waters44
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, waters44 said:

@jazzygeofferz Never seen the train sim game but if you can drive west from Reading, about four or five stops down, you’ll get to Thatcham, my home town! When you pass through think of me at the crossing where I’ve been sat for the last twenty minutes! 

The GWR in game only runs from Paddington to Reading. Looks pretty accurate, though.

• Paid Members
On 4/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

This game is really growing on me actually. It's not as shit as I thought it was at first - it looks crap, the loading times are horrendous and the combat is terrible. But the mechanics of sailing and the treasure hunting is pretty good!.Good fun to play to catch up with friends as it's very casual and relaxed.

Xbox seemed to have massive hopes for Sea of Thieves, they pushed it so hard for months before and after its release hoping it would be the next big multi player hit, but from what I can gather, it never really caught on. I'm not into online multiplayer at all, so I was never going to get it, but I do love the look and the theme of the game.

So, outside of the Monkey Island series, what are some of the best pirate games of all time?

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So, outside of the Monkey Island series, what are some of the best pirate games of all time?

I think Assassin's Creed Black Flag is ace. It separates itself from the usual AC formula by including naval battles (against other ships and fortresses), diving expeditions etc. Discovering and exploring different island was tonnes of fun and whaling was pretty cool too. It had the hunting and crafting feature which helped make the Far Cry series enjoyable. Plus, like the other AC games, it is based on real historic characters. Black Flag and Odyssey (which I'm playing at the moment) are both far more than Assassin's Creed games, they outgrew the series. 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

I haven't played it, but I assume Lego Pirates of the Caribbean was good. I can't think of any. I would play the hell out of a good pirate game. The Assassin's Creed one was crap, from the ten minutes I played. I didn't give it a chance at all tbh. I might go back and try it again.

Edited by Chest Rockwell
  • Paid Members

Definitely give it another go, as soon as you start getting out to the sea it opens up so much. 

Lego Pirates is good, but not as good as the Marvel, Star Wars and DC games they've done. It's quite funny in parts, but lacks the characters the other Lego games have.

• Paid Members

Is there enough FF7R hype to warrant its own thread, or should it be kept here (tagged, obvs) first? I have a really big beef to vent about it.

54 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I think Assassin's Creed Black Flag is ace. It separates itself from the usual AC formula by including naval battles (against other ships and fortresses), diving expeditions etc. Discovering and exploring different island was tonnes of fun and whaling was pretty cool too. It had the hunting and crafting feature which helped make the Far Cry series enjoyable. Plus, like the other AC games, it is based on real historic characters. Black Flag and Odyssey (which I'm playing at the moment) are both far more than Assassin's Creed games, they outgrew the series. 

How many people have you shagged and who are you playing as? My Cassandra peaked when she shagged a haggedy old woman all night long.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

How many people have you shagged and who are you playing as? My Cassandra peaked when she shagged a haggedy old woman all night long.

Ha. I’m playing it at the moment. I’m also cass and yes I helped out that old lady while her husband stayed outside. 

The game suffers from everything being the same. The side missions are all the same once you do the first island it’s rinse and repeat. That said I have found and tamed an alfa bear. I added the inscription to make it stronger and it’s now a tank. It’s capable of clearing camps more of less on its own 

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Pirates! (Gold) was a weird pirate-management sim, in the peak Microprose era when all their titles were themed mini games servicing a greater plot. Top Amiga action. 

• neil locked this topic