TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

Got sea of thieves on game pass free earlier and played with a few mates. It's a terrible game, I'd be angry if I paid for it and I would never play it on my own.. But with friends it was fucking hilarious and some of the most fun I've had gaming in a while.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

4 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

In retrospect it might not be considered too far, im not sure how much was left. If I remember rightly I was just over half way (I think). I'd just completed the prison riot where the sinister 6 are unveiled. Think Doc. Oc. unleashes the virus (what a time to be playing through something like that!). As I've been away from playing games for, as mentioned, about 18 months and never being an absolute pro on consoles anyway... that really is a lot of hard work there!

Thats bang on half way if I remember correctly. I'd give it a break too. You could knock the difficulty right down and catch up fairly quickly but I really enjoyed getting the back backs and side missions.

If anyone wants to play xbox then please add my Gamer tag which is 'RalphyRamone' 

I have a headset now so I can communicate 

Just started to play fallout 4 but I am struggling to get into it which is surprising as I loved New Vegas and number 3

Keep going Ralphy, I loved Fallout 4. The storyline and characters were far better than Fallout 3 and New Vegas in my opinion. A protagonist having a voice helps massively I think. 

15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

A protagonist having a voice helps massively I think. 

You are literally the only person to have ever said that. And that might be the issue Ralphy's having - fans of New Vegas don't get along with 4 because the voice protagonist doesn't allow them to roleplay fully.

The having to faff about with the outposts was my main gripe with Fallout 4. It was annoying to get stuff coming up about your outpost when you're wandering the wasteland.

So this morning I "finished" Animal Crossing, ie reached the bit where you get to see the credits. Still plenty to do in the game, though. If anybody is getting annoyed by all the bunny day eggs they can be sold for 200 bells each. Easy money for infrastructure, mortgage payments etc. I heard somewhere you only need 62 of each egg to build everything and get a reward.

I've also been playing through Final Fantasy 7. Still in Midgar at the moment. Just rescued Aerith and Red XIII. 

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

You are literally the only person to have ever said that. And that might be the issue Ralphy's having - fans of New Vegas don't get along with 4 because the voice protagonist doesn't allow them to roleplay fully.

I see that side of the argument, but for me I think it doesn't add as much when you can't hear your character. For example, I felt nothing for my character in Skyrim or 'Claude' in GTA3. Tommy Vercetti, CJ, John Marston, Arthur Morgan and the GTA5 trio on the other hand- those characters added so much to the game.

Then again I guess in roleplaying games I don't envision myself as the character. 

1 hour ago, Rey_Piste said:

The having to faff about with the outposts was my main gripe with Fallout 4. It was annoying to get stuff coming up about your outpost when you're wandering the wasteland.

Just ignore them. Fuck Preston, the lazy prick. 

On 4/3/2020 at 7:04 AM, Mr_Danger said:

If it's not then it's a big plus for Xbox as they already offer upscale on old games and have backwards compatibility all the way back to og Xbox. Part of the selling point on next gen seems to around not having to buy games twice but it's Sony so who knows.

I wish this were true but there’s only a tiny percentage of  og and 360 games that are still supported as the XBOne doesn’t have an emulator per se.

I have some games i’d love to play again (Full Spectrum Warrior, Galleon) but they’re not supported.

If the new Xbox genuinely does support all previous consoles that would be huge..

Edited by Loki

25 minutes ago, Loki said:

I have some games i’d love to play again (Full Spectrum Warrior, Galleon) but they’re not supported.

Full Spectrum Warrior works on the XBOne.

Fallout 4's settlement building was a good, fun distraction and yeah it had some lovely set pieces and well curated vistas and moments but it's a shite RPG and a poor Fallout. New Vegas is the best one. Give me its numerous dialogue options and weird setting over the wooden voice acting any day. 

I know the rollback on Bethesda is overdone/we all played 500 hours of Skyrim before going on about how shallow it was/they're clearly going for something with a more easier to jump into, action oriented appeal but New Vegas beats the piss out of 4. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

18 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Thats bang on half way if I remember correctly. I'd give it a break too. You could knock the difficulty right down and catch up fairly quickly but I really enjoyed getting the back backs and side missions.

Yeah, I'd agree with the add-ons within the game like what you mentioned. Unfortunately they are the time consuming annoyances that I don't really fancy having to repeat though.

Oh well, turn my attention to Mafia 3 now. I'm aware how old these games are btw, but I've not been arsed with gaming for a couple years so I'm catching up!

7 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Is halo 5 worth it? I played the others with reach being a stand out. 

I won’t be playing online and the reviews are all over the place 

I'm a big Halo fan and I thought it was complete shit, to be honest. The whole tone of it felt too far outside the canon. Halo's a pretty conservative series, really. All you generally want from it is for it to look and feel like Halo. Master Chief doing twenty foot jumps around big shiny fields, clattering Elite's in the back with Marty O'Donnell's score going mental in the background.

If you've not got it already I'd just pick up the Master Chief Collection and blast through all the proper ones. The Halo 2 upscale, in particular, is still gorgeous and it's still the most interesting game in the series, for me. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Full Spectrum Warrior works on the XBOne.

Mind blown.  Now I have to dig out the original game!  I hope I didn't take it to a car boot sale along with a lot of my old games a few years back.