TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

14 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Grabbed it off GamePass to take the piss, but it has hooked me.  I've started on the Thames Valley, but somehow I got jammed in the first freight mission, which I'll have to redo.  Flying along to Reading in a 125 is far more fun than it should be.

I’m saving the Pennines run for Christmas! Victoria to Leeds! Might even take the train for real to see how it compares!

1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Me, rarely. I keep re-starting and struggling to level up.

What server? I’m on Cerberus, if you’re on the Chaos DC I’d be more than happy to help 😊  

I finished Horizon Zero Dawn over the weekend. It's one of the best games on PS4 for sure. I'd say it just falls short of  joining my holy trinity of  greatness of RDR2, BOTW and GoW but it's really not far off. I'd say only a fairly weak story and poor voice acting outside of the Aloy voice actor and Lance fucking Reddick lets it down but that's mostly because of the Only Way is Essex style writing of the conversation options. "So tell me about your sister".

The side missions can be great dungeon style affairs or cool little combat tutorials but mostly fall in to the fetch quest category. 

The star of the show is definitely the combat and if they perfect that as well as add a stronger story then the sequel will be something special.

Has a great final mission too.

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday. 

If there intention was to make Lara a boring dullard, they succeeded. 

The whole game was a chore to get through, with the sneaky sneaky combat being the only good thing about it. 

I'm going to play Uncharted again to cleanse my soul. 

Listening to the boobs who complained there was too much action in 2013 and Rise (both amazing) killed Shadow. They still aren't happy and want grunty walk into walls Lara back, and the platforming where if you're off by more than a mm R.I.P.

They tried to get Uncharted for a while, too, "how can he crack jokes and kill people? LUDONARRATIVE DISSONANCE!!!" but were thankfully ignored.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

4 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider yesterday. 

If there intention was to make Lara a boring dullard, they succeeded. 

The whole game was a chore to get through...

I got stuck on the first bridge puzzle :(

The puzzles were really frustrating. As a hint, Lara will say something like "that rock looks curious" with no indication of what rock she was banging on about. 

There were probably more hints in the dialogue, but I pretty much switched off during the cut scenes. 

Can anyone over the age of 20 actually play Doom? I watched the IGN review footage the other day of Doom Eternal and nearly threw up. I struggle with a FPS anyway but that looked like the game equivalent of trying to do a crossword puzzle on the waltzers whilst a sadistic roustabout gives you extra spins.

If/when I do end up locked down at least I should be able to start clearing some of my massive backlog of games. Get Mass Effect 2 & 3 done. Yakuza Zero, Dragon's Dogma, Okami on my Switch or XBox.