Jump to content
TildeGuy~!

WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

Recommended Posts

Played the Final Fantasy 7 Remake demo which released on the PSN store this morning and really enjoyed it.

Wasn’t going to buy the full release as it’s essentially just disc 1 and was going to wait(probably 10 years for the full story to come out) but might reconsider after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought Gran Turismo Sport. I've never played a GT game before, it looks great but I think I need to stick to Mario Kart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Bought Gran Turismo Sport. I've never played a GT game before, it looks great but I think I need to stick to Mario Kart.

I loved GT4 on the PS2. That's the last one I played. I keep looking at GT Sport, but don't really see the point when I've got Forza 6 and Horizon 4 on my XBone. Plus I get the feeling I'd be dreadful at it. I'm struggling with the career mode on Forza, I tend to play it to just do laps of the tracks in time trial mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 12:14 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Played the Final Fantasy 7 Remake demo which released on the PSN store this morning and really enjoyed it.

Given how voice acting is top notch in pretty much every video game these days, I’m amazed that the Final Fantasy series manages to consistently buck that trend.

Haviny said that, bad voice acting aside I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the demo. Part of that enjoyment almost certainly came from nostalgia, and there’s definite scope for my opinion to change depending on how linear a game this turns out to be, but I’m convinced enough by what I’ve seen to have pre-ordered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 11:06 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

Is Gandhi still really keen to use nukes? 

Isn't that a feature rather than a bug these days? Like it was a mistake the first time but now they do it deliberately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah originally it was some sort of over run thing that caused a high negative score when made lower into going round to a crazy high number. Since it became so popular it's been coded into every game since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who has a Switch that has suffered with the Joy-Con drift issue, did it do it all the time or with only certain games? My youngest has just been on Mario cart and the car was pulling to the left all the time, but when I tried Minecraft(the only other game she had with her) it seems fine(then went back to pulling to the left again when Mario Cart was on again). Does that sound like the drift issue, or something else? She's only had it sonce Christmas, so feels like too short a time for a problem like this rearing it's ugly head...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a whim and in the sale, I got Train Sim World 2020 for a tenner or so. Lads, I fucking love it. I’m sat there sticking to speed limits and sticking to timetables, and pretending to go out of the cab for a sneaky fag while the passengers get on. 
 

My girlfriend called me a fucking loser because when a train goes past me the other way, I do the Manchester Metrolink driver salute that they all do. She may be right but I don’t give a fuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Anyone who has a Switch that has suffered with the Joy-Con drift issue, did it do it all the time or with only certain games? My youngest has just been on Mario cart and the car was pulling to the left all the time, but when I tried Minecraft(the only other game she had with her) it seems fine(then went back to pulling to the left again when Mario Cart was on again). Does that sound like the drift issue, or something else? She's only had it sonce Christmas, so feels like too short a time for a problem like this rearing it's ugly head...

Check that the assist steer or motion controls are off in the Mario kart settings. Mario kart has a useful yet annoying habit feature of auto assist steering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Mario Kart had me thinking it was drift when it was just motion controls. Apparently even the new Joy-Cons are still suffering with the drift. 

I tried that FF7 demo to completion and it's just not for me. The Mr T guy is so so bad. I got the impression I'd be in and out of menus all game. If the game had a wheel I could flick around during battles I'd be much more interested. 

It looked great though and I'm sure the people who cosplay as the characters will have plenty of material to wank over.

Over on Horizon I'm just over half way through I tried my first cauldron which happened to be the Thunderjaw battle. At level 20 it was near impossible and after a couple of hours of getting agonisingly close I tapped out. 

It's brilliant despite a few minor flaws. I find myself obsessing about tactics to defeat the different dinobots. Not that tactics matter because you can just be walking between villages then get attacked by robot buffalo's that lead you into a glinthawk battle that ends when a giant crocodile jumps out of the water and eats you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

On a whim and in the sale, I got Train Sim World 2020 for a tenner or so. Lads, I fucking love it. I’m sat there sticking to speed limits and sticking to timetables, and pretending to go out of the cab for a sneaky fag while the passengers get on. 

 

Grabbed it off GamePass to take the piss, but it has hooked me.  I've started on the Thames Valley, but somehow I got jammed in the first freight mission, which I'll have to redo.  Flying along to Reading in a 125 is far more fun than it should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...